There are many volunteer opportunities throughout the course of the event. Please use the form below to select your availability and to rank your preferences for the different volunteer positions. Our Volunteer Coordinators will do their best to honor your preferences.
If selected to be a volunteer, you will receive a discount code to use during registration based on the following:1 - 4 volunteer hours - 25% discount4 - 8 volunteer hours - 50% discount8 or more volunteer hours - 100% discount
If you are not able to volunteer on Friday or Saturday you may skip this section.
1) Registration and Check In Volunteers - Volunteers will help set-up and staff registration tables. Responsibilities will include: greeting attendees as they arrive, directing them to the appropriate table, checking guests in by name, and distributing name tags, participant bags and programs.
2) Session Manager - Volunteers will be assigned to specific breakout sessions to facilitate a smooth session. Responsibilities will include assisting with any set-up needs (connecting laptops to projectors, checking microphone sound, etc), acting as timekeeper to ensure sessions end on time, and facilitating the transition between one session and the next. Volunteers MUST attend an orientation session at George Washington University to become familiar with the audio/visual equipment.
3) Exhibit Hall Oversight - Volunteers will assist in managing the Exhibit Hall. Responsibilities will include setting up and/or taking down tables in the exhibit hall, checking in vendors, directing vendors to their assigned table, assisting vendors in connecting to wifi, power, etc and directing attendees to specific vendor tables.
4) Conference Guides - Volunteers will act as guides to help attendees transition between sessions or between venues throughout the day. Additional responsibilities will include providing information on nearby restaurants or directions to nearby bus or metro stops (this information will be provided for volunteers to review before the conference). Volunteers MUST attend an orientation session at George Washington University to become familiar with the layout of the venue.
If you are not able to volunteer on Sunday you may skip this section.
1)Registration and Check In – Volunteers will help set-up and staff registration tables. Responsibilities will include: greeting attendees as they arrive, directing them to the appropriate table, checking guests in by name, and distributing participant bags and other materials.
2) Set Up and/or Take Down - The Walk for Peace route will end at Capitol Hill where there will be brief speeches made by community members. Volunteers will assist with setting up or taking down equipment (such as a portable stage, chairs, etc) for this event.
3) Route Guide – Volunteers will direct marchers along the Walk for Peace route to ensure the safety of participants. Volunteers must attend an orientation session to become familiar with the route.