UGC-NET/SET-PAPER-I(2016-JULY) - MODEL PAPER-1
ONLINE TEST NET/SET PAPER-1
1. Which of the following is the largest source of water pollution in major rivers of India?
Unregulated small scale industries
2. Sustainable development goals have specific targets to be achieved by
3. Indian government’s target of producing power from biomass by the year 2022, is
4. Assertion (A): Conserving our soil resources is critical to human survival.Reason (R): Soil is home to many micro-organisms and contains minerals.Choose the correct code:
(A) is true and (R) is false.
(A) is false and (R) is true.
Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
5. World Meteorological Organization’s (WMO) objective has been to reduce the number of deaths due to hydro meteorological disasters over the decade 2010-2019 by (with reference to the decade 1994-2003)
6. .............. is a type of memory circuitry that holds the computer’s start-up routine.
RIM (Read Initial Memory)
RAM (Random Access Memory)
ROM (Read Only Memory)
7. An ASCII is a character-encoding scheme that is employed by personal computers in order to represent various characters, numbers and control keys that the computer user selects on the keyboard. ASCII is an acronym for
American Standard Code for Information Integrity
American Standard Code for Intelligent Information
American Standard Code for Isolated Information
American Standard Code for Information Interchange
8. Identify the air pollutant in urban areas which irritates eyes and also respiratory tract of human beings.
Oxides of nitrogen
9. Which of the following statements about the Indian political system is/are correct?
(a) The president is both Head of the State and Head of the Government.
(b) Parliament is Supreme.
(c) The Supreme Court is the guardian of the Constitution.
(d) The Directive Principles of State Policy are justiciable.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
(B) (b), (c) and (d)
(C) (b) and (c)
(D) (c) only
10. Which of the following are the fundamental duties?
(a) To respect the National Flag.
(b) To protect and improve the natural environment.
(c) For a parent to provide opportunities for education to his/her child.
(d) To protect monuments and places of national importance.
Select the correct answer from the codes given:
(A) (a), (b) and (c)
(B) (a), (b) and (d)
(C) (a), (c) and (d)
(D) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
Send me a copy of my responses.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service