Memories of Rural Welsh Cinemagoing
The following questions all relate to you rural Welsh cinemagoing prior to 1970. All questionnaire responses are securely kept behind a password and any names given will be changed in the final thesis.
1. When were you going to the cinema in rural-Wales? Select as many that apply
2. Which cinema(s) did you visit? (please include town/village and where you were living at this time)
3. If you would visit more than one cinema, can you say why? (E.g. Did they show different films? Were they nicer or cheaper than each other?)
4. At your peak, how many times would you say you visited the cinema a week on average?
Once a week
Twice a week
Three to five times a week
5 a. Do you remember watching films in a building that wasn’t a cinema? For example, a town hall or assembly room. What type of building was it?
5 b. If so, was this regular or for special occasions?
6. Did you go to the cinema primarily for the film, the social activity or both? Do you think this changed at any point during your life and, if so, can you say when and why?
7. Do you think there were any advantages or downsides of going to a rural cinema as opposed to one in a big town or city? If so, could you say what they were?
8. Who did you commonly go to the cinema with? (tick as many as apply)
With partners or spouse
As part of an organised social group (Scouts, W.I., film society etc.)
On your own
9. When you remember going to the cinema in rural Wales, what are the most striking memories that come to your mind?
10. When you were going to the cinema prior to 1970, what social class would you say you belonged to?
Class wasn't an issue in rural Wales
I don't know where I'd place myself
Prefer not to specify
11. What is your age now?
40 - 49
50 - 59
60 - 69
70 - 79
80 - 89
Prefer not to say
Would you like to take part in an interview regarding going to the cinema in rural Wales prior to 1970? If so, please provide your name and email address or phone number below (names will be changed in final thesis).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service