It's simple! Create a non-partisan voter mobilization project that encourages the Asian American and NHPI community to go vote. Do you want to make a viral video? A spoken word show? Multilingual posters? A concert? A t-shirt campaign? Voter guides? Do it.
All you have to do is write a short 500 word plan and create a timeline and $1000 budget. Deadline to apply is Friday, August 8th by 5pm.
The project must:
1. Be non-partisan and support no candidates
2. Mobilize an AANHPI community in Southern California
3. Have a bilingual component
4. Be implemented between August and November 2014
5. Be INNOVATIVE! You know best how to mobilize your peers to vote!
Applicants are highly encouraged to attend our Community Engagement Academy, which will be taking place August 22-24 in the San Gabriel Valley. FMI: http://bit.ly/cea2014.
This grant is a part of the Democracy Project's Your Vote Matters! 2014 Campaign. To find out more about our work, visit our page: http://advancingjustice-la.org/what-we-do/policy-and-research/democracy-project
Please contact Shelly Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 241-0244 with any questions or for more information.