White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health (WHC)
Please use this form to submit comments to be sent to the Academy for the WHC listening session on June 28th.
The White House announced on May 4th that it was convening the second-ever White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health. The first was held in 1969 and led to the creation of the food stamp program, WIC, NSLP and other key federal nutrition programs. This new WHC will convene stakeholder groups from across the country and direct national nutrition policy for years to come.
Five pillars have been set for the meeting:
1) Improve food access and affordability.
2) Integrate nutrition and health.
3) Empower all consumers to make and have access to healthy choices.
4) Support physical activity for all.
5) Enhance nutrition and food security research.
The Academy is seeking comments from all affiliates and DPGs by June 28th and would like you to answer the two questions below.
Considering these pillars:
1) What specific comments do you have on topic areas or issues that you feel should be included, or other suggestions for the event?
2) What policy recommendations do you hope will be advanced through this conference?
Thank you so much!
-MAND Public Policy and Executive Teams