WORKSHOP OVERVIEW -
During the session we will explore elements of a wide variety practices through movement explorations, dance and theatre making, readings, discussions, videos, written responses, collaborative projects. By examining movement in both global and local contexts we will move towards a fuller appreciation and understanding of the influence of movement and theatre in our everyday lives as well as an embodied reflection and expression of the city in which we live.
• Describe the functions of movement / theatre and the relationship between performance and the greater artistic, social, cultural and political landscape in which it was created and currently exists.
• Creating an open and secure space meant to encourage collaboration and support of other artists and human beings.
• Finding the connection to another person and the world where we find inspiration and artistic expression.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone wanting to work with finding new connections with one's own body, to work individually or with a group, Art Practitioners, Theatre and Movement Enthusiasts
10th and 11th June, 2017
9 AM to 1 PM
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
Aditi Venkateshwaran is a dance artist (dancer, choreographer) and an actor with a keen interest in writing & travel. She started her career as a Radio Jockey in the year 2006 with Radio Mirchi in Pune. Her dance work traverses between the traditional Kathak and Indian contemporary and her varied interests coalesce around performing arts, towards discovering an interdisciplinary approach to art practices in our country. Widely traveled, Aditi has performed all over the world and has been engaged in artistic work as a performer, creator and teacher since year 2003.
Shakera Louise Ahad is an Actor, director and theatre maker born in Yorkshire. She has mixed English and Bangladeshi heritage and makes theatre that dances around intercultural story. She's an international collaborator working with text and movement. Few of her past projects include:
- Cordelia/Ensemble in Site-Specific Rural Tour of King Lear ith Theatre of the Dales
- Workshop performer on Accelerated Intimacy, 1-on-1 experimental performance in Mumbai
- Resident Director at Freedom Studios Theatre in Bradford
- Director on Osmosis, Devised Ensemble
- Co-creator of No Strings - a skills sharing peer-to-peer platform for creatives in West Yorkshire
- Actor (movement, puppetry, storytelling) with DNA Puppetry & Visual Theatre
She is currently on a trip in India on Artist's International Development Fund.