Application for 'Taking Steps, Standing Still'
This workshop is dedicated to inspire each participant to find their own voice, either in life or as a performer. There are no limits to express yourself. No rules for a unique beautiful and human expression of oneself. The workshop would hence focus on conducting exercises which may help individuals de mask oneself from their current role set and focus internally on the emotional, social and at times spiritual effects of movement and theatre.
• Part 1 - Who am I: With a selection of different exercises we explore the theme with our minds, bodies and voices. We try to create a free flow of inspirations and ideas, to collect material, which will help us to find our own unique expressions as performers and individuals.
• Part 2 - The others and me: Inspired by other cultures through images, music and texts we are exploring our individual connection to the world and people around us.
• Part 3 – Finding a Voice: This is the part of the session where we will create the performances with the material we have collected and put into practice what we have learned throughout the workshop.
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW -
During the session we will explore elements of a wide variety practices through movement explorations, dance and theatre making, readings, discussions, videos, written responses, collaborative projects. By examining movement in both global and local contexts we will move towards a fuller appreciation and understanding of the influence of movement and theatre in our everyday lives as well as an embodied reflection and expression of the city in which we live.
• Describe the functions of movement / theatre and the relationship between performance and the greater artistic, social, cultural and political landscape in which it was created and currently exists.
• Creating an open and secure space meant to encourage collaboration and support of other artists and human beings.
• Finding the connection to another person and the world where we find inspiration and artistic expression.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone wanting to work with finding new connections with one's own body, to work individually or with a group, Art Practitioners, Theatre and Movement Enthusiasts
10th and 11th June, 2017
9 AM to 1 PM
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
Aditi Venkateshwaran is a dance artist (dancer, choreographer) and an actor with a keen interest in writing & travel. She started her career as a Radio Jockey in the year 2006 with Radio Mirchi in Pune. Her dance work traverses between the traditional Kathak and Indian contemporary and her varied interests coalesce around performing arts, towards discovering an interdisciplinary approach to art practices in our country. Widely traveled, Aditi has performed all over the world and has been engaged in artistic work as a performer, creator and teacher since year 2003.
Shakera Louise Ahad is an Actor, director and theatre maker born in Yorkshire. She has mixed English and Bangladeshi heritage and makes theatre that dances around intercultural story. She's an international collaborator working with text and movement. Few of her past projects include:
- Cordelia/Ensemble in Site-Specific Rural Tour of King Lear ith Theatre of the Dales
- Workshop performer on Accelerated Intimacy, 1-on-1 experimental performance in Mumbai
- Resident Director at Freedom Studios Theatre in Bradford
- Director on Osmosis, Devised Ensemble
- Co-creator of No Strings - a skills sharing peer-to-peer platform for creatives in West Yorkshire
- Actor (movement, puppetry, storytelling) with DNA Puppetry & Visual Theatre
She is currently on a trip in India on Artist's International Development Fund.
Date of Birth
(Please give your highest qualification
SSC (10th Pass)
HSC (12th Pass)
Post Graduate Diploma
(Name of the person)
Mobile Number / Landline number with STD Code
Previous Relavant Experience
Payment of Fees: Cheque / DD / Online Transfer / Cash
Please Draw a Cheque / Demand Draft in the name of “International Association for Performing Arts and Research” payable at Par at Pune for Rs. 3,000 / - (Rs. Three Thousand Only) and submit it in person at the address given at the end of this form. Please write the Bank Name, Branch Address, Number of the Cheque or DD and Amount in the box below. You may make an online payment as per these details: International Association for Performing Arts and Resaerch, Bank of India, Karve Road Branch, A/c No. 050320110000952, IFSC Code: BKID0000503. If you are paying by cash, please type 'Cash'.
How did you hear about this workshop?
Recommended by Past Student
I agree to abide by all the rules, regulations and terms of the workshop. I understand that my admission will be confirmed only after payment of fees. Candidates withdrawing their application after starting the workshop, will not receive any refund under any circumstances. Checking the box below means you agree to the contents of the paragraph above.
Date of Application
Kalachhaya Cultural Centre
270 D, Bhamdurda
Opposite Vikhe Patil High School
Off Senapati Bapat Road
Pune 411 016
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service