When writing your essays, please focus your ideas within the municipal government scope! Need to research? Check out www.calgary.ca
Please note that the form must be submitted as a whole, you cannot save a submission in progress! It is recommended you save your essay in an alternate location and copy and paste it into the form to ensure you have a saved copy.
1. Entries will be accepted until April 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Entries may be faxed, mailed, emailed, or submitted through this online form to Youth Central. If you are submitting a video, it must be uploaded to YouTube and the form above must be filled out with your information, including the YouTube URL for your video. Please enter N/A in the essay boxes when submitting a video URL.
2. Entrants may only be in Grades 9-12 and residents of the City of Calgary.
3. A preliminary review of essays/videos will be completed by Youth Central to ensure application completeness. Final judging will be done by members of the Mayor’s Youth Council and Mayor Nenshi.
4. One entry will be selected as Mayor for the Day. The winner will not have the legal authority of the Mayor, but will have the opportunity to spend time with the Mayor, and City of Calgary Administration.
5. Entries become the property of Youth Central and will not be returned.
6. You do not need to be a Youth Central registered volunteer to take part in this contest.
7. Submissions cannot exceed 1000 words total (this will be followed strictly). Video submissions cannot exceed 3 minutes in length.