Chilli Bear's Census Adventure
The deadline to complete the 2020 U.S. Census is September 30, and Chilli Bear needs your help to fill out the questionnaire! Help him delve into his personal and family origins to answer questions about where he lives, where he is from, and more in this virtual escape room.
This escape room was designed to simulate the process of completing the Federal Census with the intention of teaching children the importance of participation and representation. Participation in the escape room is free and open to all. Those under the age of eight may want to ask a grown up or a friend for help with some of the questions. Once you have completed the escape room, check with your grown up to make sure they have completed the census. If they have not yet done so, they can follow the link to complete the census online.
If you are using a mobile device to complete this adventure, we recommend you open the adventure in your preferred browser app, so that you don't lose your place as you follow the links.
* Fill-in-the-blank questions must match the given format.
* You must submit the correct answer to proceed. If you make a mistake, you will get a hint!
* Do not use your browser's back arrow. If you need to go back, use the "BACK" button at the bottom of each page.
* Be sure to click "SUBMIT" button at the end of the adventure to have your answers recorded!
Chilli Bear's Census Adventure is a product of the Chillicothe Public Library District. The story was modified by Elise Feltman. Inspiration for this virtual escape room was drawn from Norbert's Census Adventure, a product of the Illinois Prairie District Public Library. The story was conceived and written by Donna Forbis.
Check out the original here:
This program was made possible by the following sources:
* Official Census Website -
- the site for responding to the census.
* United States Census Bureau -
- for information on the census.
* National Day Calendar -
* Encyclopedia Britannica -
* Jigsaw Explorer -
* National Geographic -
* University of Michigan Museum of Zoology -
Select images courtesy of Pixabay.com -
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chillicothe Public Library District.