2019 Summer Quiz - Anyone for tennis?
Submit your answer form at anytime and you'll be emailed a link back here so you can change or fill in any answers you missed before the closing date.

This quiz is being run in support of Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice in Sheffield which offers care and support to children with a shortened life expectancy, both in their own homes and at their hospice in North Anston. Bluebell Wood is a place filled with laughter and love. The hospice gives families the chance to relax, take a break and have fun whilst continually giving help and support to the whole family.

Quiz entries cost £1 with any donations gratefully received - details given below. The prize will be 10% of total proceeds received prior to the closing date 31 August 2019 November with the remaining 90% to Bluebell Wood. All questions are cryptic clues which refer to either characters in a nursery rhyme or a children’s story. Good luck!
Email address *
Name *
Address *
(including postcode)
1. Initial mass required to start court proceedings. (5,7)
1 point
2. Decomposed Ravel. (5)
1 point
3. Fields in which action taken after a No.1or No.2. (8,7)
1 point
4. From this we educe that we need to be two points clear. (5)
1 point
5. From the very beginning, despite being told to, the professor refused to move. (3,5)
1 point
6. It’s misheard that he may take up hat making after retirement from tennis. (7)
1 point
7. Ranked 2nd in relation to the tabloid. A sister much loved by green fingered Romans? (5)
1 point
8. A singular pair of Levis flanked by what sounds like a Capricorn and the main man on the board. (6,4,4)
1 point
9. What’s used to keep Wimbledon free of what some people describe as feathered vermin? (5)
1 point
10. Aviation pioneer who would have made a hard landing here. (2,5,6,6)
1 point
11. She made a hell of a noise in 2009. (5,9)
1 point
12. He often accused court officials of having a laugh. (4,7)
1 point
13. Where you would end up were you to mend break and use almost pure lemon. (9,4)
1 point
14. Despite being a knight his abridged first name and a river encompassed someone who we hear was of the lowest order of nobility. (4,6)
1 point
15. Contents of oven in a choppy lagoon gone spoilt but not wasted as they provide us with the ingredients of a great Indigenous champion. (6,9)
1 point
16. Animal bedding which we hear inters alongside the elite doesn’t come cheap for this seasonal treat. (12,3,5)
1 point
17. Whom you discover when you work out how to identify an alternative to annoy and break chain involving eleventh letter. You may need passport and ferry on short trip to find him. Part of his name suggests he may have saved pairs of fauna. (7,4)
1 point
18. A thousand shopping centres need to be reorganised by excluding fifty to recognise the highest of achievements. (5,4)
1 point
19. It’s here you’ll find a shattered limb protected by a mixture of oriental feathers. (9)
1 point
20. Grouse perhaps before curtailed animal’s home and wedding? It’s all over. (4,3,3,5)
1 point
Sincere thanks for supporting this quiz
£1 entry fee and donations can be made via the following PayPal link:

paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=XCC225U2LWBRS

For further information on the work of Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice email info@bluebellwood.org.

Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice gratefully acknowledges the support of Sheffield & District CAMRA. Details of their activities are available at sheffield.camra.org.uk and also the Hillsborough Hotel for promoting and supporting the quiz. They can be contacted at thehillsboroughhotel@gmail.com.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Submit
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
reCAPTCHA
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy