Media Management Training (Journalism)
January - May 2018
Call for Applications
Eligible countries: Egypt, Kurdistan Region Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Morocco
Deadline for applications: 15 June 2017
Maharat Foundation (www.maharatfoundation.org) and DW Akademie (www.dw-akademie.com) are pleased to invite applications for media management training (journalism) which will run in the Middle East and North Africa region from January to May 2018.
Graduates of the training will receive a certificate to show they have gained extensive understanding of media management in the context of journalism. They will learn knowledge and skills that will help them run a media business successfully.
The in-depth course will involve 4 modules. Each module comprises of four days’ face to face training (conducted in the Middle East or North Africa.) Each session of face to face training will be followed by four weeks of e-learning. Participants will do the e-learning exercises from their home. It is expected that the e-learning will take no more than 3 hours per month to complete.
Among the topics that will be covered are:
- How to develop your media business strategy
- How to create, promote and sell content
- How to earn money in non-standard ways and how to economize it
- How to create an effective team in contemporary media
- Based in either Egypt, Kurdistan Region Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon or Morocco
- At least 5 years’ experience in news media, preferably with some management experience
- An interest in, and basic understanding of, business concepts
- An interest in, and basic understanding of, digital technology
- Good English language skills (teaching and coursework will be in English)
- A desire to pass on knowledge to colleagues and peers in the news media
The training is part of a project on digital media viability funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. As part of the project, some participants may take further training to become consultants on media management. There is also the opportunity for some media organisations to receive in house consultancy on media viability.
All costs of the training, including travel expenses, will be covered by the organisers.
To apply please complete the application form below.