PLEASE READ BEFORE PROPOSING
1) Proposals which engage with the theme (See website) will be given preference.
2) There must be a contact person on every proposal who is also appearing in the session. Publishers and agents :Please do not send in proposals for batches of your authors. Instead ask your authors to submit their own proposals.
3) All sessions are 60 minutes.
4) The Book Fair takes place in a Community College, in low-tech classrooms. We do not provide audio or visual equipment under any circumstances. Presenters are responsible for for bringing their own equipment if needed. (Screens are in every classroom and are available for use.)
5) We welcome back speakers who have presented in the past, but please do not repeat what you have previously presented.
6) Book talks, panels, workshops and performances will all be considered.
7) We are a non-sectarian left space. We welcome the passionate exchange of different ideas and strategies. We also require that all of our participants hold themselves up to the highest levels of tact and congeniality.
8) Every year, we fundraise to defray the travel costs of those who would not be able to attend otherwise. If we are successful, these modest travel stipends are prioritized for those who live outside of California, are lower-income working class, and/or from groups who add to our efforts to remain radically inclusive. We generally do not know if we will be able to offer travel stipends until August.
9) If you need help locating solidarity housing while in town, please feel free to ask by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org