Edmonton Food Council Application Form
Join the Edmonton Food Council!
The 2016 application process is now closed. Our 2017 application process will begin on April 1, 2017 and close on April 30, 2017. We welcome you to apply then!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that is helping shape the future of food and agriculture in Edmonton? Apply to become a member of the Edmonton Food Council!
Successful applicants will be appointed to 3-year terms. The Edmonton Food Council accepts new members once a year.
As a volunteer committee of administration for the City of Edmonton, the Edmonton Food Council's primary role is to advise and act on matters related to the implementation of fresh: Edmonton's Food and Agriculture Strategy. The Edmonton Food Council aims to engage with the community on relevant and timely issues related to food and urban agriculture. Specific activities that the Edmonton Food Council undertakes to perform this role include:
-providing advice to City of Edmonton administration and other key stakeholders
-monitoring and reporting on the progress of implementation
-identifying emerging issues and opportunities
-proposing key work priorities to the City
-maintaining relationships with the food and urban agriculture community
-engaging with the community on relevant and timely issues
-facilitating connections between key players, such as various City departments, community partners and local food businesses.
Before you apply, applicants are encouraged to review:
fresh: Edmonton's Food and Agriculture Strategy at
the Edmonton Food Council's Terms of Reference at
the Edmonton Food Council's blog at
Please submit this online form along with 1) your resume and 2) two letters of reference.
All materials must be received by 11:59 PM on Sunday April 30, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please email or mail supporting materials to:
Kathryn Lennon, Principal Planner
8th Floor, HSBC Bank Place
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4
Fax : 780-401-7061
Applications will be reviewed by the Edmonton Food Council Governance Committee. All applicants will be contacted regarding the status of your application. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed in May of 2017. Appointments will be made by July 1, 2017.
A brief biography and photo of appointed Edmonton Food Council members will be shared publicly.
2. Home Address (street address, city, postal code)
3. Phone number
5. I prefer to be contacted by
6. Your Age Group
7. Please tell us why you would like to serve as a member of the Edmonton Food Council.
8. Please identify which group(s) you represent, based on Section 2 of the Edmonton Food Council’s Terms of Reference. Please also clarify your role(s) and how you represent the group(s) that you have listed. For example, if you list “Education” you may also want to identify that you are a high school teacher or University professor.
9. In Section 2 of the Terms of Reference there is a list of skills and attributes that are desired on the Edmonton Food Council. Please check the skills or attributes that you possess.
Passion for local food and Edmonton
Knowledge of and expertise in the food system
Experience working within the food and agriculture sector
Outstanding leadership capacity
Knowledge of governance models and experience working with boards
Ability to deliver results
Influence in the community
Research and evaluation capacity
Financing, accounting, economic, and funding capacities
Ability for networking and facilitating
Willingness to be progressive and innovative
10. Please describe any relevant additional experience, knowledge and expertise that you would bring to the role of an Edmonton Food Council member.
11. What would you hope to accomplish by the end of your term as an Edmonton Food Council member?
12. Do you have any real or perceived conflict of interest with serving on the Edmonton Food Council?
13. How did you learn about this vacancy?
Edmonton Food Council Website
Word of Mouth
Food in the City newsletter
15. By checking this box I declare that the information provided in this application is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information given or any relevant information withheld will result in the denial of my application.
Please type your name as a digital signature.
I have submitted my:
2 Letters of Reference
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used throughout the recruitment process. If appointed to a civic agency, this information will be provided to the agency and kept on file during your term of appointment. It is protected by the privacy provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the collection contact Sustainable Development.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM on June 24, 2016.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of City of Edmonton.