In the Footsteps of Crazy Horse
by Joseph Marshall III
Name: (First and Last)
Teacher: (Last Name)
1. Where does Jimmy McClean live?
Standing Rock Sioux Reservation, South Dakota
Red River, New Mexico
Cold River, Rosebud Sioux Reservation, South Dakota
2. Why did Jimmy get teased at school?
He looked Lakota and the rest of the kids looked white.
He looked white with blue eyes and the rest of the kids looked Lakota.
He had a terrible stutter.
He had just moved there from another town.
3. Bear Butte is called Bear Butte because it looks like:
A mountain with no trees
A bear roaring
A bear lying on its stomach
Someone getting out of the shower
4. What is Crazy Horse's boyhood name?
5. Who were the people the Lakota called the Long Knives?
Soldiers of the white people
6. How old were the wheel ruts on the side of the North Platte/Shell River?
100 years old
15 years old
150 years old
Grandpa and Jimmy's truck made them that morning
7. What woke Light Hair from his dream of the many colored horse?
It was a nightmare and it scared him awake
His father and teacher were shaking him awake
His horse started neighing at him
A terrible thunderstorm
8. What did Grandpa Nyles leave at the site of the battle of the Hundred in the Hands in honor of Lakota, Cheyenne, and Arapaho warriors?
a large rock
a bundle of papers
a bundle of gray sage wrapped in red cloth
a money donation
9. What would Lakota wives and mothers say as they handed their husbands and sons their weapons?
Be careful and shoot straight
Have courage and be the first to charge the enemy
Ride your horse hard and gain great honor
Follow Crazy Horse and he will save you
10. What was the bravest thing Crazy Horse ever did?
He was always the first to charge into battle
He led a small band to lure the Long Knives away from the fort
He fought in the Battle of Greasy Grass/Little Big Horn
He gave up his weapon and his horse and surrendered to protect his people
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Conroeisd.net.
Terms of Service