Any high school student who is active in his or her church and/or youth ministry is eligible to apply to serve on the Presbytery’s youth council. Each application will require a reference from the student’s pastor. Selection will be based on the student’s leadership potential as shown in the strength of the application and reference, and will seek to broadly represent the churches of the Presbytery of East Tennessee. Ordinarily, the number of youth council members from each congregation will be proportional to the size of the church’s youth ministry.
1. Have been an active participant in your high school youth group (as your church defines it) for at least one year.
2. Actively attending a PC(USA) Church in the Presbytery of East Tennessee
3. Will make every attempt to attend Youth Council meetings and Retreats for the Presbytery. (Dates will be given upon acceptance).
4. Be able to communicate well with peers.
5. Be able to collaborate well with other Youth Council members.
6. Be able to take leadership and development of retreat material seriously.
1. Commit to lead as described in 1 Timothy 4:12
2. Attend both the middle school retreat (September 20-22) and Youth Summit (February 21-23).
3. Make attending Youth Council meetings a priority.
2. Opportunities to serve God and others.
3. Gain service hours for school and leadership skills for college applications and resumes.
4. Develop friendships throughout our Presbytery.