ARSET Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (GDACS) Assignment
The webinar has concluded. This assignment is personal evaluation of the training materials only.
1. GDACS provides on-line, near-real time alerts for:
A. Earthquakes, floods, storms
B. Floods, droughts, disease outbreaks
C. Droughts, wildfires, landslides
2. GDACS is developed by NASA
3. Green-color alerts on the GDACS website represent
A. Minor disaster warning
B. Moderate disaster warning
C. Severe disaster warning
4.The flood detection tool in GDACS uses
A. Landsat thermal data
B. MODIS visible data
C. GPM microwave data
5. Orange-alert floods mean
A. 100 people dead and 80,000 displaced
B. 1000 people dead and 800,000 displaced
6. Which factors are used in defining GDACS cyclone vulnerability index?
7. The highest cyclone vulnerability index always corresponds to a red alert.
8. What is the rain-rate value used by GDACS as a threshold for a red alert?
9. What factors are used by GDACS to decide the earthquake vulnerability index?
10. UNOSAT activities include:
A. Analysis of satellite imagery and data for disasters alerts
B. Design satellites for disaster alerts
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Nasa.gov.