Raising Luminaries - Critical Feedback Form
>>> Please read this whole thing before submitting feedback. <<<
Regarding Action Taken By Raising Luminaries (RL), Books For Littles (BFL), or the Student Ignition Society (SIS):
If you have critical feedback about the work of RL/BFL/SIS and don't feel safe bringing it to my attention in the open, this is an anonymous for your protection. Providing this form opens me up to a great deal of attack and stress and reading your report will probably wipe out my spoons for a few days. Please use it responsibly and with respect.
My Accountability Guidelines: Procedures and what to expect:
This form is ONLY for people who don't feel safe reaching out personally, and is designed for people from marginalized groups whom I have privilege over so they can confront me safely. Unless you feel reporting is putting you in danger, please comment on the original document or post that you take issue with, so that all readers can learn from my mistakes.
Please remember that I am a human with feelings - with very little social support in real life. I LOVE to hear about my mistakes and seek constructive criticism on my actions, but personal attacks and threats are not acceptable.
If you use this form, I can't reply and apologize directly, nor can I thank you or explain how I'll move forward to make amends and spread what I've learned from your feedback.
If the tone or content of your feedback suggests you haven't read the BFL accountability statement, I will ignore it.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET FEEDBACK:
1. Your submissions will be anonymously sent to Ashia Ray via email.
2. I'll do my best to consider your feedback and make amelioration if possible. My standard operating-procedure is to make a public note about my problematic posts drawing attention to my mistakes and explaining that readers found it problematic, then explaining what I should have done better and/or why I disagree.
3. I give credit to people who provide the emotional labor of educating me (First name, last initial) if you prefer, and am happy to point readers toward a paypal, venmo, or patreon account and/or boost your website or work if you care to provide it.
4. If the critique is non-productive, tone policing, derailing, an attack, or any other method to reinforce the kyriarchy and silence me - I reserve the right to hide all personal information and publicly publish a response in any or all of my channels I usually choose not to feed trolls, though.
5. I refuse to put a target on the back of my critics. I will not doxx, I encourage readers to focus on messages instead of the messenger, and I will not publish your personal information.
6. Unless I feel my family is in imminent personal danger, (if actual threats have been made against us, like a threat of violence, sharing my personal information with dangerous people, etc.) I will not call the police or any authorities.
7. I cannot guarantee a response, specific actions, or a specific time frame for actions or responses.
8. I retain the right to shut down this form, without notice, in the event that I get flooded with submissions from trolls.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service