The time to submit CASA's hardship application has passed and we are no longer accepting applicants. Please contact your coach or email us at CASANCSOCCER@gmail.com
Coastal Area Soccer Association (CASA) may grant registration fee scholarships to children who without this financial assistance would not be able to participate in the CASA programs. CASA’s scholarship program focuses on providing opportunities for area youth to participate in recreational team sports because of the physical, mental, and character-training benefits these programs can provide. Scholarships are only available to cover the cost of registration, up to $200, and are not available to cover any additional costs (uniforms, equipment, tournaments, etc) unless registration fee includes uniforms and/or equipment. The scholarship committee, which includes the DOC/Commissioner and the Executive Board, will consider all complete applications received by the application deadline. The amount of the scholarship awarded (if any) may be a partial or full scholarship depending on the number of applicants, and amount of scholarship funds available. Scholarships are awarded for one season per registrant and, therefore, individuals must reapply for each season they are requesting assistance.
CASA is a non-profit organization with a very limited amount of funding available for scholarship athletes. No guarantee of assistance is implied in this application.
Requirements for eligibility:
• Athlete must be age 14 or younger and must reside within the CASA territory.
• Commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
• Participation by an adult family member in at least 10 hours of voluntary service per player to CASA during the sport season. Volunteer work will be under the direction of CASA Volunteer Coordinator, Treasurer, or Tournament Director.
• Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application is on the following page.
• Families are required to participate in any fundraisers offered by the team/program.
• Scholarship requests must be submitted to CASA no later than two (2) weeks prior to the regular registration deadline.
• Complete the Youth Athletic Scholarship Application Form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian. • The CASA Board will contact you in writing one week prior to regular registration end date.
• Scholarship application approval will be based on verification of financial need and availability of scholarship funds.
Other Important Information:
• Scholarships will be provided on a first-come, funding and space available basis.
• All youth athletic programs qualify for scholarships.
• Transportation to programs is not provided.
• Scholarships are limited to a total of $200 per year per child. Consideration will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below.
The more information you can provide us the better able we will be to determine hardship. A written request is required.
• Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. (Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs)
• Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, family, or friend of the family.
• Documentation demonstrating an immediate financial hardship.
CASA does not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical ability, or cultural and religious backgrounds.
Confidentiality: CASA will use the information on the application only to decide if your child qualifies to receive a partial or full scholarship for eligible athletic activities. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
***Please note: Approval of a scholarship does not register the participant in the activity. You must still complete the registration process.