The permit is to be used for registration errors due to missing prerequisites, field of study errors, honors cohort errors, major, year or other errors.

TIP: For students who are taking Physics and Math together (co-requisite), it is suggested that you register for the Math course first (be sure to press submit) and then register for the Physics course. By registering in this order, it may alleviate the need for a Physics permit.

Physics permits are done Monday through Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm.

Allow 2-3 business days (not including weekends or Holidays) for processing of general permits. Please do not contact the Physics Department to inquire about the status of your permit request until 3 business days have passed. Students will be notified via e-mail when the permit has been processed.

DO NOT USE THIS FORM FOR A CLOSED COURSE PERMIT as it will not get processed.
Closed course permits will be made available through the Physics Department approximately one week prior to the start of the semester.

For more information, please see General Physics Permits on the Physics website.

Course assignments may change at the discretion of the Physics Chairperson.
First Name *
Your answer
Last Name *
Your answer
8 Digit Student ID *
Numbers only, no hyphens
Your answer
Major *
Your answer
Email *
An email will be sent to notify you when the permit has been issued. Allow 2-3 business days (not including weekends).
Your answer
Do not use this form for a Closed Course Permit as it will NOT get processed.
What Physics course / lab? *
Note: Lab must be taken concurrently with PHYS102, PHYS103, PHYS111, PHYS121. You do NOT need to repeat the lab if you took it in another semester and passed it with a C and above.
Please check all that apply *
What type of error message are you receiving? (example: College restriction, Major, Department, Honors Cohort).
For College Restriction, Major, Honors Cohort, and Field of Study, the student MUST provide a specific Section Number or CRN.
Your answer
Please provide additional information to help us process your request.
Your answer
Are you a transfer student? *
If you are a transfer student or an NJIT student who took a course at another college, you must submit a copy of your unofficial transcript to: *
IMPORTANT: It is required if you are a transfer student or an NJIT student taking a prerequisite course such as PHYS102, PHYS111, MATH111 or MATH112, at another college and require a Physics permit for the Spring semester. Be sure to include your NJIT ID number in your email. A permit will be issued and an email will be sent to the student once the required documentation is received. Thank you.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NJ Institute of Technology. Report Abuse