Please read the Conditions of Performance before completing this application.
CONDITIONS OF PERFORMANCE:
1. Choral ensembles must be members of a provincial choral organization (exceptions: choirs in PEI, NWT, Yukon, Nunavut and international). Conductors must be members of Choral Canada.
2. Proposed concert programs should be a maximum of 20 minutes of music. Program proposals that are too lengthy will not be considered.
3. In proposing a program for performance at the Podium 2020 Festival & Conference, please keep in mind that the performance of Canadian works and a French language piece is encouraged. As well, when making the final choices for all the Spotlight Concert programs, the Podium Committee will strive to make sure that they reflect a variety of musical styles, eras, and language.
4. International ensembles are eligible to apply. A maximum of three performance spots are available for international ensembles. Please note that Canadian choirs are prioritized.
5. It is understood that Choral Canada and Alliance chorale du Québec assume no financial responsibility for travel, food or accommodation for the choral ensemble. The submission of an application implies that, if invited, the choral ensemble is prepared to travel to and perform at Podium 2020 Conference & Festival at its own expense.
6. Invited choral ensembles will be supplied with choral risers and an acoustic concert piano for their dress rehearsal and performance. Any other additional instrumentation, staging and technical needs must be approved by the Podium Committee and will be the fiscal responsibility of the choir.
7. Invited choral ensembles will receive complimentary tickets for one Spotlight Concert. If space allows, the choral ensemble may attend the other half of their own Spotlight Concert. CHORISTERS of invited choirs will also be offered Podium & Conference Festival discounts, as well as complimentary access to the Conference sessions, if space allows.
8. For professional development and post-Podium marketing/funding application materials, the invited choral ensembles will receive a professional unedited sound recording and possible video recording of their performance at Podium 2020.
9. In addition to being featured in a Podium Spotlight Concert, invited choral ensembles may avail of additional opportunities to perform in other venues in and around the City of Montreal including, for example, pop-up concerts, school workshops, and church services. More information about other performance opportunities will be made available to invited choral ensembles at a later date. Should selected choral ensembles wish to combine their appearance at Podium with a tour or partnership with a local choral ensemble, the Podium Committee will be pleased to provide contact information for choral ensembles and travel agents.
10. Choral ensembles may be asked to act as a demonstration choral ensemble during the conference or perform in addition to the festival and conference concerts. Details will be agreed upon by the ensemble and Podium Committee no later than 1 September 2019.
11. The notification of results will be provided by April 1, 2019. Invited choirs must confirm their intention to attend by latest May 1, 2019.