Science Year 7 Assessment
This assessment consists of 50 questions. Please answer all the questions. Recommended duration: 60 minutes
Checked & Edited by: Ms Kah Yee
Parent's Whatsapp Number
Parent's Email Address
Are you currently enrolled in VBest?
SS2 Petaling Jaya
Cheras Alam Damai
Klang Bkt Tinggi
1. The flow of electricity along a wire is called
2. Objects that allow electricity to pass along them is called
3. Objects that allow electricity to pass along them are usually made out of what sort of material?
4. If something does not allow electricity through it, it is called a
5. Which of the following materials do not allow current through them?
6. Electricity can only flow around a circuit when the circuit is
7. Ali took a pencil and sharpened both ends of it. He then carefully connected his clips onto the sharpened ends of the pencil lead and found that his bulb lit up. Why do you think this happened?
the pencil lead is magnetic
the pencil lead is metal
the pencil lead is graphite
8. Light switches in bathrooms are often turned on and off using a long string. This is to prevent people touching the switch with wet hands. Why could that be a bad thing?
wet hands would slip on a normal switch
touching the switch with wet hands could give you an electric shock
water could get into the switch and break it
9. When you plug something into an electrical socket one thing you notice is that the wire is not bare - it is covered in a type of plastic. What is the best explanation for this?
to protect you from getting an electric shock
the colour of the wire shows what you are plugging in
to make it easy to handle
to help the electricity go through the wire
10. Ali discovered that one of his wires has been damaged and he can see the metal wire inside. He needs to mend the wire. Which of the following do you think would be the best choice for Ali to use to mend the damaged wire?
sticky plastic tape
11. What component does this symbol represent?
12. What component does this symbol represent?
13. What component does this symbol represent?
14. The power provided by a battery is measured in
15. LED stands for
Light Emulation Diode
Light Emitting Diode
Load Emitting Disc
Load Emulation Digital
16. Current is measured in
miles per hour
17. A simple, complete loop circuit is called a
18. What is the name of the clips used to connect the wires to the components?
19. In a series circuit made using one bulb and one battery, which two variables will make the bulb dimmer?
adding another bulb
adding another battery
using short, thick wires
using long, thin wires
20. Cats have very sensitive ears so that they can....
see in the dark
hear the can opener
hear their prey
21. Anzu's cat eats meat. What is the scientific name for animals which eat meat?
22. Mai says that her rabbits eat green leaves and cereals only. What is the name scientists give to animals which eat plants / vegetation only?
23. What is the name of the technology which allows us to 'see' the bones inside our bodies?
24. Which two of the following statements are true about the lungs?
oxygen is collected by the blood
blood is pumped around the body
carbon dioxide is released from the blood
they support the ribs
25. In the muscles, the oxygen is used to turn food into energy for movement. What are the vessels called which carry deoxygenated blood back to the heart?
26. Is the following statement true or false? Blood carries oxygen and digested food to all parts of the body.
27. In which organ does oxygen go into the blood?
28. Which organ pumps blood?
29. From the heart, blood is pumped where to collect oxygen?
30. Anya plays basketball for the school team. She wants to know which foods to include in her diet to build strong muscles and bones. Choose three foods from the list below for Anya.
31. How many bones are there in the adult human body?
32. The heart is a muscle. All muscles need exercise to remain healthy and grow. Choose three activities from the list below which will help to keep the heart healthy.
playing computer games
walking to school
33. 'Vertebrae' is the scientific name for which bones?
34. When those light rays hit an object they bounce off in different directions, some to your eyes. What does that create on the other side of the object, where the light was originally going?
a pool of light
35. Keiran thinks it's time to redecorate his bedroom. He wants it nice and light and bright. Which one of the following colours would you advise him to use?
36. Which of these objects reflects the most light?
plastic measuring spoon
37. What do you think is happening when light bounces off an object to your eyes?
it's being reflected
it's being bent
it's being absorbed
38. Which one of these objects would you use to see around a corner?
39. Which of the following statements about light is not true?
light rays travel in straight lines
light travels as a lightwave
light travels at 300 million m/s
we can see light from 3000 light years away
40. Which three of these environmental factors do green plants have to adapt to in sandy deserts?
low light levels
41. Choose three adaptations from the list we would see in hot desert plants such as cactus.
thin, spiny leaves
thick, waxy skin
grow in the shade
42. Many rose bushes contain thorns which are sharp and can cause nasty injuries if you scratch yourself on one. The thorn is an adaptation which has helped the plant to survive since prehistoric times. Why did the rose evolve to have thorns?
they help prevent animals from eating them.
they store water in them and help the plants to survive in drought
to look more beautiful
43. Trees like the redwood have grown taller and taller over time. This is an example of a successful adaptation leading to evolution of the whole species. Why are tall redwood trees more successful than smaller ones?
They can get more light and so make more food
They provide a safer habitat for birds to nest.
They look more beautiful.
44. Pondweeds have several adaptations which enabled them to thrive in ponds and wetlands. Can you identify two adaptations of pondweed from the list below?
they have floating leaves
they have smaller leaves
they have thick, woody stems
they have waterproof leaves
45. Most micro-organisms cannot be seen except with a ...
46. Which of the following statements is true of all micro-organisms?
they are all harmful
they can all be killed by washing your hands
47. Which of the following is not caused by micro-organism?
mould on jam
48. Which type of micro-organism causes diseases such as sore throats, food poisoning and tetanus?
49. Which type of 'good' micro-organism is found in our intestines and helps us to digest our food?
50. Why is it likely that, if someone in your class has a 'cold', quite a few of their classmates will get the 'cold' too?
They had the same thing to eat at lunch
The cold virus passed to them throught the air
Those clasmates all shared their sweets
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service