CPAN has a commitment to supporting and promoting culturally specific performing arts groups and individuals. Currently, it is supported and hosted by FORM Dance Projects based in Parramatta. Fairfield City Council, FORM Dance Projects, Community First Step and University of Western Sydney initiated the network in 2009 out of a need by community groups to gain greater access to mainstream activities in the arts.Information sharing forms an important part of CPAN’s work and aims to promote culturally diverse arts and its legitimate place within broader contemporary Australian arts practice.
As a member you receive:
• Events’ listing that outlines the names and contact details of various events, showcases and performance opportunities in Sydney and ACT.
• Grants’ listing and support writing grant applications.
• Every year CPAN hosts a FREE workshop where members can participate and meet other artists, CPAN administrators and industry and corporate professionals. (This depends on each workshop theme).
• Opportunities to develop their skills in computing, marketing and/or digital media.
• A Quarterly E-Bulletin that outlines upcoming events, opportunities and news, presents tips from professionals and profiles members. This is a free service for members to promote their shows and services.
Membership is FREE of charge and is open to all performance-based groups, organisations and individuals!