Survey on the professional learning needs of languages teachers
This information will assist the Sydney Institute of Community Languages Education (SICLE) to provide NESA accredited, targeted professional learning that supports the needs of Languages teachers.
Sydney Institute of Community Languages Education (SICLE)
1. What language/languages do you teach?
2. What level do you teach?
Both primary and secondary
3. What mode of delivery for professional learning do you prefer?
Face to face workshop
Blended mode (Face to face component and online component)
Any of the above
4. If you were to attend a face to face professional learning workshop what day of the week would suit you best?
Week days after work (eg: 4.30-7pm)
Week days during the day (eg: 9-3)
5. If you were to attend a face to face workshop how many hours would you prefer?
Half day (9-1 or 1-5)
Full day (eg: 9-3)
6. What type of professional learning do you need? Tick all that are relevant to you.
Using authentic texts in the Languages classroom ( film, songs, advertisements, etc)
Project-Based Learning (PBL) in the Languages classroom
Teaching Languages using Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) approach
A focus on tasks in the Languages classroom
Upgrading your target language skills
Effective ICT tools to use in the Languages classroom.
Digital story telling
Using film/video in the Languages classroom
Engaging and valid assessment practices in Languages
Effective feedback in the Languages classroom
Leadership in Languages
Innovative programming practices
5. What other Languages professional learning would you be interested in?
6. Is there anything else you would like to tell us or add about professional learning for languages teachers?
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. If you would like to enter the draw for a $50 gift card please enter your preferred email address.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service