Middle School Device Use Agreement
2020 - 2021
A. Use your device as a tool for learning.
1. You are responsible for having a fully charged device to use each day in school. We recommend charging your device every night and leave your charger at home.
2. Your device is intended to be used primarily by you both at school and at home.
3. Parents are responsible for supervising your Internet use when at home. School filtering services used on the district network will not work at home.
4. Teachers will determine when and if devices will be open and used in class.
5. Academic use always takes priority over personal use in school.
6. Parents are responsible for maintaining your home network and Internet service.
7. You will turn in your device at the end of each school year for maintenance.
B. Abide by the BPS Acceptable Use Policy. (this is a summary, please make sure to review the complete AUP)
1. You may access only appropriate documents and media.
2. You may not harass, bully, cyberbully, or threaten others in any way.
3. You must use appropriate language in all communications.
4. You must not attempt to gain access to unauthorized accounts or files.
5. You must not attempt to bypass the district’s web-filtering.
6. You must keep all personal information private, including passwords, user IDs, home address, and phone numbers.
7. You must not photograph or make audio or video recording without the consent of all those being recorded.
C. Know what you can and cannot install.
1. Do not uninstall any software or operating system component that has been preloaded on device by school staff.
2. District tech support may restore the software to the standard configuration in order to deal with issues caused by user installed software.
3. Issues requiring service or repair may necessitate re-imaging the device to restore to the original configuration.
D. Take good care of equipment and files.
1. You are responsible for backing up all your files on a regular basis. BPS is not responsible for data lost because of failure to backup files.
2. Do not leave your device unattended. Make sure your device is stored in a safe, secure environment, e.g. do not leave it in your car overnight, even if it is locked.
3. Do not insert foreign objects (paper clips, pens, etc.) into the ports (openings) of the device.
4. Do not eat or drink near the device. There should never be any food or drink around the device. If you do spill on your device immediately turn it off, leave it off and bring it to the BMS Tech Center.
5. Devices should not be left in extreme heat or cold, e.g. in a car, in these conditions.
6. Do not use water or other cleaning solutions on the device. Wipe the surfaces lightly with a clean soft, damp cloth.
7. Do not loan your device to someone else.
8. Do not damage, degrade the performance, or abuse anyone else’s device in any way.
9. Bring devices for repair to a District Tech Center only.
E. Consequences for Violating this Device Agreement
1. Disciplinary actions may be taken in the event students violate the terms of this device agreement and/or the Acceptable use policy.
2. If you do not turn in your device at the end of the year or if you move during the school year without turning in the device, the device will be wiped and remotely locked and the built-in gps device will be activated for tracking.
3. Student will be charged a fee if they neglect or abuse their device or someone else’s device.
Student Name (First Name Last Name)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Beverly Public Schools.