Scent Detection Seminar with Mary Ann Warren
April 24 - 26, 2020 indoors in Summerland. Two levels offered, both working (bring dog) and auditing (no dog) spaces available. Limited entry.
OUTLINE (pay attention to level and times)
--Friday, April 24--
• 5:30pm - 9:00pm: Intermediate and advanced handlers together. NO DOGS. Review SDDA, C-WAGS and CKC; what are the differences? Search Strategy for all components. Imprinting new odour. Take-home quiz.
--Saturday, April 25 --
• 8:30am - 12:30pm: INTERMEDIATE. Alert reinforcement. "Show me" strengthening. C-WAGS / SDDA Containers. Detailing Interiors. SDDA / CKC Interiors.
• 1:30pm - 5:30pm: ADVANCED. SDDA Exteriors. C-WAGS Containers. SDDA Containers. Timed tag-team Interior search game.
--Sunday, April 26 --
• 8:30am - 12:30pm: ADVANCED. SDDA Games. SDDA Containers. CKC Exterior. C-Wags Interior. Participation certificates.
• 1:30pm - 5:30pm: INTERMEDIATE. C-Wags Interior. SDDA Containers. SDDA / CKC Exterior. Timed Search game. Participation certificates.
• $200 working
• $100 auditing
• $250 working
• $125 auditing
Payment MUST be received within 48 hours of confirming your registration. If you need to pay by cheque, let us know. Cash is not accepted.
Any questions? Please email:
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Mary Ann Warren owns Precision Search Dogs (Morinville, AB) and has been a dog trainer for over 35 years. She has worked her dogs in protection, tracking, obedience and search detection. Just a few of her accomplishments: Created a Search Dog Train the Trainer program for Civil Protection Malta K9 Section for the country of Malta; provided seminars on tracking, search dogs and human remains detection in Canada and United States; retired judge and consultant for the Sporting Detection Dog Association; for 25 years has been a search dog handler for the Search & Rescue Dog Association of Alberta; is a professional SAR K9 Evaluator for Search & Recovery K9s Victoria (BC, CAN), Newfoundland Search K9s (NFL, CAN), Search & Rescue K9s (Colorado, US), Bloodhound SAR (TN, US), Commonwealth Canine Search & Recovery (KY, US) and National Search K9 Agency (TN, US); is a published author of ‘Bark Alert’ Basic Search K9 work book (first edition) and the Bark Alert Human Remains Detection K9 workbook.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: No dog-on-dog contact. Dogs must be able to work in the vicinity of others, pass by others (with space), etc. Please let us know if your dog is reactive and we will do our best to accommodate. However, if your dog will not feel comfortable in an indoor environment near other dogs then an auditing spot may be best. Basic obedience and manners are required. Bitches in season are welcome to participate but they will be run last and must be wearing appropriate garments. Further instruction will be sent to registrants.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service