Applications must be received by October 16th, 2016 to be used towards student development opportunities between October 1, 2016 – February 19, 2017.
Applications must be received by January 22nd, 2017 to be used towards student development opportunities between February 20, 2017 – September 30, 2017.
**Applicants may apply for each round of scholarships separately, but will only be eligible to receive funding for one scholarship per academic year. Scholarship award amounts are dependent upon available funding.
• Applicants must have one (1) letter of recommendation from a professional staff member accompany their scholarship applications. Letters should be emailed to Sam Lowry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail once all materials are received. Contact Sam Lowry if you do not receive this confirmation message
• Candidates must be considered a full time student by their respective institution at the time of receipt of their award. For example, the candidate must be a full time student in March if they are to receive an award to attend the NIRSA conference.
• Students may apply as many times as they wish however they may only receive one award per academic year.
• We will work to award as many applicants as possible based upon need and quality of applicants. We are not setting a limit to the number of awards given so we have some room to work with. The actual amount awarded may vary with each recipient due to this flexibility.
• Scholarships can be used for conference registration, hotel and flights.
• Award winners will be notified by email.