1. Everyone must think about security. Under NO circumstance should ID cards OR account passwords be given to ANYONE.
2. <strong>STUDENTS MAY NOT BRING ANY GUESTS INTO THE SINC SITE.</strong>
a. This includes the people who will knock on the window and beg to check email or print something. You are <strong>NOT</strong> to let them in. If they are authorized to be in the room after hours, they can let themselves in.
b. Your ID is recorded in the security system logs. Logs will be checked if the situations warrant it.
3. The phone is for emergencies. DO NOT USE IT FOR PERSONAL CALLS; there is a campus phone right outside the door. DO NOT give out the SINC Site phone number — this could get really annoying.
4. Building policy is no smoking at anytime, anywhere.
5. <strong><font size="4">ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE SINC SITE.</font></strong>
a. You WILL LOSE ACCESS IF CAUGHT BRINGING EVEN A SNACK INTO THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
b. Please remember that this is a common area: clean up printouts, etc. after you are through working.
6. Please clean up the hard drives; eliminate redundant files — <u>after you are sure that you have backed them up on your CD, DVD, FW/USB Drive, network drive, class account space, or DV tape for video.</u> Remember, these machines are not secure; you can count on files vanishing without warning.
7. To open the CD-RW/DVD-R drive press the key on the top right of the keyboard. Please do Not push the drawer back in; forcing things may break them. Press the key again and it will pull the drawer back in.
8. Regarding Viruses - Don’t download suspicious attachments.
9. <strong>Do NOT make any copies of software.</strong> The software is for class use only. There are legal as well as moral reasons for this — anyone caught copying software will be reported to the Student Judiciary Board.
10. Downloading software to TLT networked computers is strictly prohibited, as is tempering with any plugs or network cables. If you find any problems with hardware or software in the lab please call 2-9602 so we can schedule a technician to investigate the problem.
11. Important Procedures:
a. <strong>BACK UP.</strong> Hard drives we will periodically erase in an effort to keep them working at maximum capacity. We suggest that you use your MySBFiles network space, a CD, DVD, FW/USB Drive, your network account, or DV tape for video. These are not very inexpensive, especially when compared to the time it takes to redo the work.
<p align="center"><strong>ANY VIOLATIONS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE ACADEMIC JUDICIARY
AND/OR THE CAMPUS POLICE FOR ACTION.</strong></p>
<strong>important</strong> You must fill this form out to get 24hr access to the Fine Arts eMedia sinc site.