JHUMUNC 2020 Baltimore City Award
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins Model United Nations Conference (JHUMUNC) 2020 Baltimore City Award!
JHUMUNC is a Model United Nations Conference held every year in the Hilton Hotel in downtown Baltimore. We provide delegates with multiple opportunities to engage in the field of international studies, both inside and outside the committee room. By participating in one of our more than 30 high-caliber committees and meeting students from all over the globe, JHUMUNC delegates receive unparalleled exposure to the world of international affairs.
We are excited to offer an all expenses award to interested students from Baltimore City public high schools. Applications can be completed from October 28 until December 2, 2019 (11:59PM). Please note that a teacher testimony from a Model UN advisor or another teacher who can speak to your strengths is required to complete this application.
What the Award entails:
A fully funded Model United Nations experience at JHUMUNC 2020 including:
(1) Hotel accommodation for selected students for the three nights of the conference.
(2) Private hotel accommodation for advisors of selected students for the three nights of the conference.
(3) $225 stipend for western business attire clothes, meals at the conference, and transportation to the conference. This stipend will be paid in multiple installments.
(4) Registration costs for the single delegate (student) and associated delegation (high school).
(5) A free JHUMUNC T-shirt.
(1) A high school student in good standing who attends a Baltimore city public school full time.
(2) Model UN Experience is not required.
(3) An adult willing to act as an advisor for the entirety of the conference.
(1) A completed application.
(2) A letter of recommendation from a teacher or MUN advisor.
(1) Attend the entirety of JHUMUNC 2020 conference from February 6-9, 2020.
(2) Attend a meeting with the Undersecretaries of School Relations (Juan Gomez or Wendy Tsai) before the end of the conference to discuss your experience.
(3) Adhere to the policies and obligations as a delegate of JHUMUNC 2020, including signing a participation waiver.
To learn more about JHUMUNC check out our website at
First and Last name
The address that you will check the most.
Gender (For rooming arrangements purpose only)
Prefer not to specifiy
Do you give us permission to contact you via email or phone?
Yes, you may contact me via email and/or phone.
I only give permission to contact me via email.
I only give permission to contact me via phone.
High School Name
Freshman (9th grade)
Sophomore (10th grade)
Junior (11th grade)
Senior (12th grade)
Model United Nations Advisor Name
Please put the name of the adult willing to act as your advisor during the conference. If your school has a pre-existing Model United Nations organization please put this advisor's name down. If your school does not have a Model UN team, please put the adult who is willing to fulfill this role.
I certify that I have obtained the consent of an adult to act as my advisor during the conference.
Contact Email of Advisor
We will be contacting this person before making our decision. Please make them aware of this fact before submitting this application.
Prior Model United Nations (MUN) Experience
No prior experience is necessary! Please note if this is will be your first conference or if you have prior experience.
Prompt 1: Why do you want to attend JHUMUNC? (100-300 words)
Prompt 2: Choose a global issue you are passionate about. Assume the position of a government official, diplomat, or any other influential person and describe what you would do as that individual to address the global issue you have selected. You may be as creative as you like. Ex: For the global issue of water contamination, you might want to be the Minister of Public Works for Liberia and implement solutions to improve water quality in rural areas. (400-600 words)
I certify that I have requested a teacher/advisor to email
with a letter of recommendation by December 2, 2019.
I have requested a teacher/advisor to email
with a letter of recommendation by December 10, 2018
Letter of Recommendation Teacher/Advisor Name
Letter of Recommendation Teacher/Advisor Email
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Johns Hopkins University Model UN Conference.