Please be sure to complete the following form in its entirety to speed up your application process. You'll need contact information, parade entry information, and your 501(c)3 number if applicable.
All applications must be received no later then Friday, February 23rd, 2018.
Event Details-Date: Saturday, March 17th, 2018Parade Start Time: Parade steps off at 1pm Parade Entry Arrival Time: 10:00am
Application Fee Details-All fees are used to offset the costs of producing the event.
- Non-profit 501(c)3 groups under 15 people: Free- School bands and performing arts groups: Free- Non-profit 501(c)3 groups over 15 people: $15- All other groups: $30
Parade guidelines are as follows:1. All entries should be decorated or costumed and relate to the St. Patrick's Day Parade Theme.
2. This is an “all forward motion” parade. Performing groups should choreograph routines to maintain forward motion at the parade pace. No slow cadences allowed.
3. All entrants must conform to the description stated on their application. Any changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of your Entry Application. No changes will be allowed after March 2nd 2018. The Parade Committee reserves the right to re-classify applicants.
4. All amplification systems must be noted on application and approved by the Parade Committee.
5. No political entries will be accepted. No units displaying political advertising will be permitted to enter the line-up. Units discovered to have political advertising along the route will be removed from the line-up immediately. Currently serving elected officials may be invited to ride in the parade with signs identifying their current status. They may not campaign for re-election, nor may they display any electioneering materials in the parade..
6. LIMITATIONS: Only one motor vehicle per entry is permitted, except car and motorcycle clubs who may have up to 12 motor vehicles per entry and self propelled groups may have up to 20 self propelled vehicles per entry. Marching groups are limited to 50 participants and must be accompanied by a decorated vehicle/float. Equestrian entries are limited to 12 horses per entry. All entries are prohibited from passing out any written materials, such as, pamphlets, leaflets or flyers.
7. All entrants will be checked before entering the parade line. Any entry, which does not conform to this application or these rules, will be disqualified and may not be allowed into the parade and entry fees will not be refunded. Entries depicting violence, drugs, illegal activities, or otherwise deemed inappropriate will not be allowed into the line-up and entry fees will not be refunded.
8. Parade orders will be emailed approximately March 2nd. You will be sent a Parade Route map, your unit assignment, your parade number and staging time. Please arrange to communicate this to your group prior to parade day.
9. The Old Sacramento District Office reserves the right to accept and reject entries at their discretion to maintain quality and entertainment throughout the parade. The office is willing to work with groups to ensure their entry is up to par and acceptable to enter the parade.
10. Your signature on the parade entry form is evidence that you agree to all rules and will abide by those rules and the decisions of the Parade Committee. Further, your signature on the entry form indicates that you agree that the Old Sacramento St. Patrick's Day Parade, its Parade Committee, the City of Sacramento, and their associates, employees and agents, are released from any and all responsibility for loss, damage, or injury to any person or property relating in any way to participation in the Parade.
If you have any questions, please email the Old Sacramento Events Coordinator, Camille Cobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org