Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Rho Chi Omega Chapter
Cheryl Witt Book Stipend
Instructions for Applying for Cheryl Witt Book Stipend
To be considered for this book stipend, a student must:
• Be endorsed by the Graduate Advisor. The Graduate Advisor must complete a Cheryl Witt Book Stipend Endorsement Form to be included in the student application packet.
• Be an undergraduate student, having completed one semester (12 hours) at the respective institution.
• Have declared a major in the College of Business at their respective university.
• Have a cumulative and prior semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or above.
• Have not been a recipient of the scholarship/stipend the previous award year.
• Complete the application in its entirety.
• Submit an essay of 250 words, and no more than 350 words, on the following topic:
“What does being an AKA mean to me?” The essay must be typed and double spaced. Include the students name in a running header on all pages of the document.
• Submit most recent academic transcript. Unofficial or official transcripts will be accepted.
The complete application packet (application, transcript, endorsement, and essay) must be submitted together as one complete packet. To be considered, the packet must be received electronically by October 31, 2019, 11:59 pm CST. Any questions should be emailed to
Scholarship Essay Rubric
I certify that the information I have given is complete, true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I further affirm that I have not knowingly withheld any facts or circumstances in completing this application that would make me ineligible to receive this scholarship. I understand that any misrepresentation of information by me can disqualify me from consideration.
If I am awarded, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated – Rho Chi Omega Chapter has my permission to use my photograph, video or film likeness and name publicly to promote and/or advertise their programs. I understand that the images may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. I also understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service