Primary Source Literacy: The Art of Engagement
The Utah Manuscripts Association and the Conference of Intermountain Archivists are co-sponsoring “Primary Source Literacy: The Art of Engagement.” This two day conference provides archivists, librarians, and others interested in teaching with primary sources the opportunity to engage in conversation and participate in engaging workshops. The conference will be held at the Utah State Archives and Records Service in downtown Salt Lake City. The schedule is as follows:
Thursday October 24th, 2019
Teaching With Primary Sources: How to Design for Active Learning workshop
This workshop must be registered for separately through the Society of American Archivists:
Friday October 25th, 2019
9:00 - 9:45 am Keynote Speaker: J. Gordon Daines III, “Activating Imagination: The Guidelines for Primary Source Literacy and archival instruction”
9:45 - 10:45 am: Educators and Primary Sources Panel (Cory Nimer, chair)
• Robert Armstrong, K-12 Social Studies Program Specialist, Utah State Board of Education
• Dessie Olson, Social Studies Education Specialist, Salt Lake City School District
• Sarah Loose, Assistant Professor, History Department, Brigham Young University
• Wendy Rex-Atzet, State Coordinator, Utah History Day, Utah Division of State History
10:45 - 11:00 am: Break
11:00 - 12:00 pm: Archivists and Primary Sources Panel (Jamie Weeks, chair)
• Sarah Singh, Head of Special Collections, Weber State University Stewart Library
• Melissa Coy, Historical Collections Curator, Utah Division of State History
• Trevor Alvord, Curator of 21st Century Mormonism & Western Americana, L. Tom Perry Special Collections, BYU
• Alison Elbrader, Reference Librarian for Special Collections, University of Utah
Noon - 1 pm: Lunch (provided by Sponsors)
1:00 – 1:30 Principles of Backwards Design (Maggie Kopp)
1:30 - 3:00 pm Workshops
• Workshop 1: Lesson plans (Dan Davis and Clint Pumphrey)
• Workshop 2: Assessment and rubric creation (Maggie Kopp and Paula Mitchell)
Which workshop will you attend on October 25th?
Workshop 1: Lesson plans (Dan Davis and Clint Pumphrey)
Workshop 2: Assessment and rubric creation (Maggie Kopp and Paula Mitchell)
Let us know if you have dietary restrictions for lunch:
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of State of Utah.
Terms of Service