Same Canoe Local Food Challenge Pledge!
Set Your Local Food Challenge Intention
Check one or both boxes
"I set my intention on doubling my local food purchases, cooking and consumption by supporting Farmers' Markets, Grocers, CSA, Food Basket, or Cafe/Restaurants that make LOCAL food available."
“I love to Eat Local and will double my home grown food planting and consuming and share food abundance with others in my household and community.”
Community where you live:
1) My household purchases most of its fresh produce from (name retailers):
2) Locally grown food is about ___% of the fresh food I eat.
Please write the % (percentage) of your total fresh food that comes from locally grown sources.
3) I access fresh LOCAL GROWN foods from:
Check all boxes that apply (If "other", then please tell us more.)
Farm Stands / Farm trucks
Our Own Garden
a) My household purchases ____% of it's fresh food from the Grocery Store.
b) My household purchases ____% of it's fresh food from the Farmer's Market.
c) My household purchases ____% of it's fresh food from the Farm Stands / Farm Trucks.
d) My household receives ____% of it's fresh food from Friends.
e) My household uses ____% of it's fresh food from our Home Garden.
f) My household gets ____% of it's fresh food from the Food Pantry.
g) My household purchases ____% of it's fresh food from Ranches/Fishermen.
h) My household purchases ____% of it's fresh food from Other Sources.
4) My favorite local food cafes and restaurants are:
5) Check any health improvements of interest in your home that you think might be helped by adding more fresh food to you diets:
Clear skin / shiny hair
Stronger bones and teeth
Lower blood pressure
Strength and stamina
Clearer thinking / better memory
Mental health (i.e. depression, etc.)
6) Check broader community impacts of purchasing local food that you consider valuable:
Keeps our local dollars in our local economy
Helps small local farms to stay in business
Keeps rural farmland in production versus housing/commercial development
Increases our island food security by building local self-sufficiency
Can protect our natural environment
Helps improve health for our family and neighbors
Reduces our dependence on imported foods
Helps promote a local cuisine we can all be proud of
Gives future farmers hope of making a living by farming
Gives today’s farmers confidence to GROW MORE LOCAL!
All of the above
7) I plan to DOUBLE my locally grown food use this year
Not this year
8) There are ____ people in my household (including myself) who will be doubling their local food support.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service