Black and Pink Mailapalooza!
Black and Pink Boston is gonna get the fall off to a great start by tackling our backlog of letters, requests, art, poetry, and penpal profiles from our incarcerated LGBTQ family! We will also be welcoming our National Director, Dominique Morgan, to Boston so you will be able to meet him.
From Sunday, 10/14 to Saturday, 10/20 we will have volunteer hours across the city. Some details are firming up, so answer primarily for time availability - we will be in touched with details.
You do not need to be LGBTQ to attend, but if you are cisgender and straight we expect you to come with openness and humility.
- a laptop computer and charger
- light snacks
if you have never done data entry with us before, please arrive on time so we can train all the new people at once.
DATES AND TIMES:
* Sunday, 12-6pm - Families for Justice as Healing office, 100R Warren St
* Monday, 6-9pm - Democracy Center, 45 Mt Auburn St in Cambridge. Partially wheelchair accessible with no accessible bathroom on site
* Wednesday, 7-9pm - First Baptist Church in JP, 633 Centre St. Fully wheelchair accessible
[two thursday options]
* Thursday, 2-7pm - 144 Curry, Center for Intercultural Engagement, Northeastern University,
--> The CIE is wheelchair accessible via the ground floor of Curry. The best way to access the space is through the automatic doors facing the Science/Robinson Hall Quad, to the right of the Koi Pond and AfterHours. Once inside, take your first left and walk all the way down till you see the elevator by Starbucks. Take the elevator to the 1st floor. When exiting the elevator take a left, the CIE should be on your left.
* Thursday, 6-9pm - Boston University, George Sherman Union, Room 310 - 775 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston. Fully wheelchair accessible
* Saturday, 12-3pm - Honan Allston Library, 300 N Harvard St, Allston. Fully wheelchair accessible
* Children are always welcome! If having dedicated childcare would help you, let us know in the final box
* Most, though by no means all, mail is written in English; our database is in English
optional; we will only use this for volunteer confirmation and it will never be shared outside of Black and Pink
Which sessions do you commit to attend?
Sunday, 12-6pm - Families for Justice as Healing office, 100R Warren St
Monday, 6-9pm - Democracy Center, 45 Mt Auburn St in Cambridge. Partially wheelchair accessible with no accessible bathroom on site
Wednesday, 7-9pm - First Baptist Church in JP, 633 Centre St. Fully wheelchair accessible
Thursday, 2-7pm - 144 Curry, Center for Intercultural Engagement, Northeastern University, wheelchair accessible from ground floor
Thursday, 6-9pm - Boston University, George Sherman Union, Room 310 - 775 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, fully wheelchair accessible
Saturday, 12-3pm - Honan Allston Library, 300 N Harvard St, Allston. Fully wheelchair accessible
Do you have a laptop and charger to bring?
Can you contribute any of the following (optional)
money for stamps, envelopes, space rental, and formerly incarcerated facilitators where present
extra laptops (temporarily)
extension cords/power strips (temporarily)
Feel free to forward this form, please list any organizations you send it to:
Anything we should know about you to make this event work for you?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service