If you want to be a part of the AMSociety, then this section will give you all the information you need.
We welcome magicians, both professional and amateur, to apply to join the Amsterdam Magic Society.
HOW TO JOIN
1. You must be sponsored by a current member.
2. Get interviewed in person or via Zoom by the examination team who will see if you have the required skill and competence to start the process of becoming a full member. You will be required to perform some skill-based magic.
3. If you meet the conditions based on your interview, you’ll be invited to take your examination. This can be in the form of a show with other performers or a presentation on a magic topic. If you live abroad, there will be an alternative examination process. While waiting for your examination, you’re welcome to enjoy a ‘light’ version of your AMSociety membership.
4. If you pass your exam, the judges will notify the Board of the Amsterdam Magic Society and ratify the judges’ decision. Tadaa! You are a member of the AMSociety!
BENEFITS OF YEARLY MEMBERSHIP
* 20% discount at the Amsterdam Magic Show
* Access to the Facebook-group and its archive where secrets are discussed and videos can be found from talks of the AMSociety members.
* Monthly digital newsletter in the form of a magazine.
* Access to the seminars, both virtually and in-person.
* ...and many more to come!
Standard membership fee is €75.
If you’re aged 65 or above or live 20 km outside of Amsterdam, the fee is €60.
When you live outside of the EU, membership fee is €50.
Lastly, if you are aged between 13 and 18, the membership will be €40.
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us via email@example.com