Uganda Village Project (UVP) is currently accepting applications for the 2019 internship program. Interns will spend 8-9 weeks working with rural communities in Uganda to help implement sanitation, nutrition, and/or public health monitoring and evaluation activities in communities involved in our Healthy Villages program. Please visit our Healthy Villages section to read more about this program and how it is changing the lives of the rural poor in Iganga District.
Program Dates:-- Team Leaders: 9 June 2019 -11 August 2019 (8.5 weeks)-- Team Members: 12 June 2019 -11 August 2019 (8 weeks)
Application Deadline: 1 February 2019
Fundraising Requirement: -- $2250 USD (regular applications)Deposit: $500 USD refundable upon completion of the internship program
UVP is committed to a diverse internship cohort and offer a special discount to applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations. Learn more here: http://www.ugandavillageproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Diversity-Inclusion-Discount-Program.pdf
We are currently accepting applications for early acceptance. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
To submit a complete application:1) Complete this form in its entirety2) Complete a resume/CV3) Complete 5-7* short answer questions
Send your resume/CV and application responses to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: INTERN APP: (full name).
Please scroll down to the Application Essay section for the short answer questions.
All applicants must answer 5 questions; those interested in the Team Leader position must answer an additional two questions.
To complete the application, please email a CV/resume and answers to your essay questions together to email@example.com by 1 February 2019. We will review all applications on a rolling basis to accept highly qualified early applicants. Please put the subject as "INTERN APP: (your first and last name here)"
Please name the documents in the following way:
FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_CV_SCHOOLNAME.doc or .pdfFIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_ESSAYS_SCHOOLNAME.doc or .pdf
* For "SCHOOLNAME" please write the most recent university, college, or school that you attended.
Please prepare and send us your most recent CV/resume (no more than 2 pages). Where relevant, please highlight:
* International development and global health experiences * Community health, public health, and medical/clinical experiences and training * Leadership experiences * Volunteer experiences * Language proficiency * Experience traveling in low-resource settings
Please name your document using the format explained above.
The essay questions you will be required to answer are included below. Each essay should be no longer than 200 words.
1) Why do you want to work with Uganda Village Project?
2) What do you hope to gain from working with UVP and/or how will this benefit or inform your future endeavors?
3) What skills or experiences do you have that qualify you for this internship? (e.g., academic background, profession, previous volunteer/work experiences, developing country experiences, or experiences in low resource environments)
4) Living in rural Uganda and working with individuals from different countries and backgrounds is often very different from what most interns are accustomed to. What is your experience with cultures other than your own (travel, volunteer work, etc.)? How are you prepared to deal with difficult situations due to cultural differences?
5) Two parts:a) Which “team” interests you most? Why? b) How do you see yourself fitting in on a team? What role do you usually take?
If you are interested in the INTERNATIONAL CO-TEAM LEADER role, please answer the following two questions (responses no longer than 200 words):
6) Why are you interested in being a co-team leader? Explain any past leadership experiences and how they will help you if you are selected.
7) What qualities do you think are essential for a team leader to demonstrate in an international setting? How would you deal with any conflicts in your team? Please detail an experience in which you demonstrated conflict mediation in a team environment. What did you learn?
Have you:-- Checked your schedule and calendar to ensure availability for program dates?-- Reviewed the requirements and specifics of the project?-- Read our website's Frequently Asked Questions section if you have questions?-- Attached both your application and resume or CV to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "INTERN APP: first and last name"