Weekly Programs Interest Form
Connecting with folks in a virtual environment can be a challenge but USC's LGBTQ+ Student Center invites you to find and build community with other LGBTQ+ students through our weekly programs. Some weekly spaces are topic/interest based and open to all. Other affinity spaces may aim to serve a specific, intersectional community and are intended for only folks who hold those identities.
Given the shift to virtual programming and in order to keep our programs for USC community members, the LGBTQ+ Student Center is asking that all Trojans interested in participating in one (or multiple) of our weekly spaces indicate their interest on this form. Zoom links for the weekly spaces will be sent only to those who complete the form in order to try and maintain student privacy and confidentiality.
Please note, as we begin another academic year, final weekly dates/times are still being decided for our spaces. Indicating your interest on this form means you will receive updates about final scheduling as well as Zoom information once the programs begin in the first few weeks of Fall semester.
Find a brief description of each space below:
• Bi-Spaces: A closed space for students who identify as bisexual, polysexual, pansexual, and/or another non-monosexual identity to connect with others in the USC Bi+ community. Engage in discussions, plan hangouts and activities, discuss bi+ related issues, and build community with your peers.
• First-year Advocacy Board (FAB): An immersion program for first-year and transfer LGBTQ+ & allied students to assist with the transition from high school to college and to provide support through social, academic, and excursion events. The membership elects their own executive board and coordinates their own events to build a stronger sense of community for LGBTQ+ and allied first-year students.
• Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) Lounge: A weekly closed space for QTPOC students to hang out and build community with other QTPOC students. Engage in weekly discussions, study sessions, movie screenings, game nights, and more.
• Queer Book Club: An open space to discuss a new LGBTQ+ book each semester. Engage in regular book conversations, get book/reading recommendations, and join a tight-knit group with a passion for queer literature.
• Queer Fandom Fanatics: A weekly space for folks to geek out and talk about all things pop culture (tv, movies, comics, video games, fandom, etc) through a queer, intersectional lens.
• Rainbow International: A weekly closed space where LGBTQ+ international students can come together to discuss topics ranging from their queer experiences in their nation(s) to pop culture and food.
• Transgender Advocacy Group (TAG): A place for trans USC students (and allies) to mingle, chill, and dismantle transphobia! TAG is a student-led organization centered around transgender USC students.
Chosen name/Lived name/Name you use
ex: they/them, she/her, he/him, ze/zir, just my name
Your individual information will not be shared and data from our events and programs will only be reported in the aggregate.
What Weekly Programs are you interested in attending/receiving scheduling info about?
First-year Advocacy Board (FAB)
Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) Lounge
Queer Book Club
Queer Fandom Fanatics
Transgender Advocacy Group (TAG)
To what level of engagement do you anticipate being able to comfortably participate for Zoom programming?
With camera on/microphone on
With camera off/microphone on
With camera on/microphone off & using chat
With camera off/microphone off – chat only
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Southern California.