Purely Piedmont Producer Certification and License Agreement
The PURELY PIEDMONT logo and words PURELY PIEDMONT are trademarks owned by the
Rappahannock-Rapidan Regional Commission (COMMISSION) and registered with the Virginia Corporation Commission.
For the purposes of this agreement the Rappahannock-Rapidan Region (REGION) shall be defined as Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock Counties of Virginia.
Any use of the PURELY PIEDMONT trademarks is subject to the COMMISSION’S control and
standards. The COMMISSION consents to and licenses a business or individual (LICENSEE)
doing business in the Rappahannock-Rapidan Region to use the PURELY PIEDMONT trademarks for farm and agriculture products produced in the REGION, as long as such use is not deceptive, and the products in question meet all standards of the COMMISSION. Any use of the PURELY PIEDMONT name and logo shall be subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. The LICENSEE agrees that products of LICENSEE for which LICENSEE is using the PURELY PIEDMONT trademark conform to the following COMMISSION standards:
a. Fruit and vegetable products must be grown within the REGION.
b. For meat products, the animal must have spent 75% of its life after weaning within the REGION.
c. For processed (i.e. value-added) products, total product by weight must be 75% ingredients grown within the REGION, excluding water, flour, sugar, oil and salt.
d. Nursery plants, trees, and freshly prepared foods, such as deli and restaurant foods, are not included in the PURELY PIEDMONT label program at this time.
2. The LICENSEE agrees that should any product of LICENSEE for which LICENSEE is using the
PURELY PIEDMONT trademark not conform to COMMISSION standards, upon written notice
by the COMMISSION to such effect, LICENSEE shall discontinue further use of the
COMMISSION’S trademarks. LICENSEE shall have the ability to contest the decision of the COMMISSION and provide proof that standards are being met.
3. The LICENSEE shall not alter the design of the PURELY PIEDMONT logo. The LICENSEE shall not use the logo nor other PURELY PIEDMONT promotional materials in any manner that may disparage or impair the validity of the logo.
4. PURELY PIEDMONT labels the COMMISSION provides for marketing purposes are not certified as food-safe. The LICENSEE agrees to place the labels only on packaging or other items not intended for consumption, and not directly on food products.
5. The LICENSEE agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the COMMISSION from and against all claims, actions, damages, costs, expenses, and liability whatsoever, including attorney’s fees, arising out of, or in connection with, any claims arising out of this license, including breach of this license by LICENSEE. The COMMISSION is not responsible for any claims arising from the sale of any harmful or defective products or failure to comply with laws.
6. The COMMISSION shall have the right to make changes to the requirements and conditions of
the trademark program including quality standards and its trademark manual, as it deems
7. The LICENSEE agrees that the right to use the COMMISSION’S trademark does not constitute any
type of endorsement of a LICENSEE or a specific product by the COMMISSION.
8. The license granted herein is non-transferrable, and is revocable by the COMMISSION without
liability at any time. The LICENSEE will not obtain any ownership or other rights in the
COMMISSION’S trademarks through use, but all use of COMMISSION’S trademarks by
LICENSEE will be for the benefit of COMMISSION as licensor.
9. The LICENSEE agrees to let the COMMISSION use LICENSEE’S company/product name for
promotional purposes related to PURELY PIEDMONT, including, but not limited to, directories,
advertisements, brochures, internet, catalogs, and displays.
A LICENSEE’S use of any of the PURELY PIEDMONT trademarks shall be conclusive evidence
of its acceptance of the terms and conditions of this license.
Farm/Business Physical Address
Website and/or Facebook Address
What do you produce?
Please indicate the number of rolls of free Purely Piedmont Labels you would like us to send. Each roll contains 250 of our 1.25" labels.
Please indicate your interest in the following Purely Piedmont promotional materials, if they were offered to you at cost in the future. (Note: for planning purposes only)
Plastic Produce Bags
Please provide any suggestions you may have for the Purely Piedmont Program.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Rappahannock-Rapidan Regional Commission.