LMTSD Parent/Guardian Chromebook Agreement
In exchange for the Lower Moreland Township School District allowing the Student to use and possess a District-owned Chromebook, or any loaner or replacement Chromebook provided at the discretion of the District, I agree to the following:
1. The Student and Parent/Guardian understand and agree the Chromebook and charger are the property of the Lower Moreland Township School District and the Student has no right to alter, install, or remove any hardware or non-approved apps or extensions on the Chromebook.
2. Student and Parent/Guardian acknowledge receipt of School Board Policy No. 815: Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources (
); School Board Policy No. 224: Care of School Property (
); School Board Policy No. 814: Copyright Material (
); School Board Policy No. 237: Electronic Devices (
) and understand and agree to abide by the procedures and rules set forth in these Policies and this Agreement.
3. The Student will not permit individuals other than District personnel to access the Chromebook. Student passwords may not be shared with others. The Student must follow all copyright laws. The Student shall not use or allow the Chromebook to be used for any illegal reasons or reasons prohibited by School Board Policy No. 815: Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources. (
4. The Student and Parent/Guardian agree the Chromebook is deemed to be in the custody of the Student from the time the Student receives the Chromebook until the time the Chromebook is returned to a designated school representative. If the Chromebook is lost or stolen, the Parent/Guardian and Student must immediately notify the Assistant Principal of the incident along with all relevant details no later than the next school day after the occurrence. In addition, a police report will be filed by the Assistant Principal or an Administrator within 48 hours of the occurrence. The Parent/Guardian and Student consent for the District to use Internet Protocol tracking until the Chromebook is actually located by the District or until Parent/Guardian or Student provide written notification of the device is no longer missing.
5. Student and Parent/Guardian understand and agree they are not to attempt any repairs on the Chromebook and that a damaged Chromebook must be returned to the library or other designated location for repair and/or service.
6. The Student understands and agrees that at the end of the school year or upon request from any school official, the Chromebook will be returned to the District in the same condition the Chromebook was originally provided, except for normal wear and tear as determined by the District. Any failure to return the device to the District in a timely manner or the continued use of the Chromebook for non-school purposes without the District’s written consent may be considered unlawful possession of District property and the District may pursue legal remedies to obtain the Chromebook or its value.
7. Student and Parent/Guardian understand and consent the District reserves the right to monitor any user’s utilization of District technology resources. Users have no expectations of privacy while using District technology resources whether on or off District property. The District may monitor, inspect, copy, and review any and all usage of District technology resources including information transmitted and received via the internet to ensure compliance with this and other District policies, and state and federal law. All e-mails and messages, as well as any files stored on District technology resources may be inspected at any time for any reason. The District may decrypt and inspect encrypted internet traffic and communications to ensure compliance with this policy.
8. Student and Parent/Guardian understand and agree if the District determines the Student failed to adequately care for the Chromebook or violates District rules, policies, or this Agreement, the District may terminate the Student’s ability to use the Chromebook outside of school, if applicable, or even the use of the device at all and the District may immediately repossess the Chromebook. Care of District Property is defined in Board Policy No. 224: Care of School Property. If the District determines the Student acted with intent to damage the District’s property, the District may refer the matter to the appropriate authorities for civil, criminal and/or juvenile proceedings and/or impose consequences as per the Student code of conduct. Parent/Guardian will be notified if the Student fails to adequately care for the Chromebook or violates District rules, policies, or this Agreement.
9. Chromebook internet activity is filtered using Securly. The District is in compliance with CIPA and COPPA. Any attempt to subvert this filtering or utilize a proxy to bypass the District’s filter is a violation of Board Policy No. 815: Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources and will result in disciplinary consequences and potential loss of access to the device.
10. Student and Parent/Guardian understand that all communication within the G Suite apps, including email, must be limited to District teachers and students. School district provided apps and email must not be used to communicate with parties outside of the District unless for a pre-approved educational reason.
Parent/Guardian Email Address:
Student Last Name:
Student First Name:
Parent/Guardian Last Name:
Parent/Guardian First Name:
I have read the LMTSD Parent/Guardian Chromebook Agreement and agree to abide by the guidelines for proper care and use explained in the Chromebook guide:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lower Moreland Township School District.