According to OPM, Federal employees must see a clear career path with training, mentoring and processes in place to support career development. The Association for Federal Information Resources Management has played a central role in developing government’s technology workforce for the last 35 years.
AFFIRM’s government and academia training program combines free membership with pro bono participation at the association’s monthly luncheon educational forums held in Washington, DC.
Here are a few features of AFFIRM’s monthly programs:
- Moderators from media interview speakers in an entertaining and thoughtful way making the information exchange timely.
- Speakers range from a wide array of government agencies with emphasis on policy initiatives important to the government technology community.
- Topics covered include OMB imperatives such as cybersecurity, managing complex IT programs, big data, and other major initiatives.
- Senior leaders give their perspective and help groom technology professionals to take the next step in his or her career.
- Networking with peers during the monthly programs widens individual viewpoints to greater understand missions outside your own agency.
Take advantage of these opportunities and become an AFFIRM Member today!