Redwood Magic Family Camp (August 12-16, 2020)
Our 2020 camp will be held online, via Zoom. Opening circle Friday August 14, closing Sunday August 16.
Redwood Magic invites families and young people to join us for a weekend of magic and creativity. We'll offer short opening and closing rituals, as well as age-based and all-age workshops and events through the weekend. There will even be a talent show!
Although we invite you to choose the events that suit your family and schedule, we are asking folks to register and let us know approximately which events you plan to be part of. We hope most folks will be part of the opening and closing circles (Friday and Sunday).
Kids age-based activities will be announced - probably one circle per age-group, although teens and adults may meet more often. How about a parents' circle after the kids go to bed? Or an all-night teens role-playing game?
Folks who register by August 5 will receive a special Redwood Magic camp kit, courtesy of Sarah & Maisey!
Cost - sliding scale $0-99. Any additional donations will sustain our longterm camp organizing.
More info -
OUR USUAL INFO FOR IN-PERSON CAMP
You are invited to weave a web of magic and community over four days of Reclaiming-style spirituality, ritual, food, music, skill-sharing and fun in the beautiful old growth forest of the Mendocino Woodlands. Redwood Magic is an inclusive camp, and welcomes all sorts of Reclaiming-friendly families, their loved ones and guests. Folks new to Reclaiming are welcome. For information on our tradition, visit
WHEN*: Camp begins Wednesday, August 12 (Campers may arrive between 2pm – 3pm; Opening circle at 4pm) and ends Sunday, August 16 (Closing circle at 10:30; Campers depart at 11am, sharp)
* Redwood Magic is a community retreat, not a festival or a drop-in camp. Please plan to attend the entire event unless advance arrangements are made.
WHERE: Redwood Magic Family camp is held at the beautiful, rustic Mendocino Woodlands, Camp Three. The camp is set among a mature Redwood/Douglas Fir forest, creating a magical, peaceful setting. A small creek runs alongside the camp. The site is not designated wheelchair accessible but may have accessible features. For more information, contact us at
FOOD: Three delicious community meals, plus snacks, coffee and tea are provided daily, with offerings for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores. We do our best to accommodate other dietary needs, and campers may bring some personal food for special needs as well. No community sugar snacks, please.
SUBSTANCES: Redwood Magic is drug and alcohol free. Tradition allows moderate use of sugar, caffeine, and nicotine. We honor California’s medical laws — please let us know if you have a medical card and/or are bringing prescription medications.
PRICING for Redwood Magic is:
- Adults 31+: $300 - $600 (sliding scale)*
- Kids, Teens and Young Adults (5-30): $175 -$300 (sliding scale)*
- Infants, Toddlers and Young Children (0-5): Free
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: before March 1st deduct $25 per person!
* Please place your family generously on the sliding scale, and, if you are able, consider donating a little extra to help us provide financial assistance to those who need it – Thanks! Likewise, if the cost presents a true hardship to your family, some partial work-trades and scholarships may be available. We will still require a deposit to register, but we will do our best to work with you on the remaining balance. For more info and to discuss payment options, contact us at
- all camp activities (age-based paths, workshops, outings, rituals, events, etc)
- daily community meals, snacks, coffee and tea
- nightly camping in your choice of tent cabins with cots and foam mattresses (campers will need to bring their own bedding), or space for tent-camping, if you prefer to pitch your own tent(s).
- Campers may also wish to bring additional funds or items to donate for the camp raffle (a fun, optional camp scholarship fundraiser).
- DEPOSIT of $100 per person (age 5-up) is due upon registration, and is strictly NON-REFUNDABLE once accepted to camp via email confirmation.
- BALANCE of payment is DUE anytime before June 30th and is refundable through July 15th (EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Pay in full by March 1st and receive a $25 pp discount)
- Payments can be made by either Paypal (
) or check (for mailing instructions contact
* For a full cancellation and refund policy, visit our webpage at
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
for more information or contact us at
READY TO JOIN US?
- Let us know! Please enter your email address below and click "next" to complete the online REGISTRATION form.
See you in the Redwoods!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service