SSCE CRK 2020
This testing is designed for the accessibility of blind/visually impaired persons. If you agree blind/visually impaired input your email to continue the test practice.
19. The task master in charge of force labour in Israel during the reign of Rehoboam was
8. Moses named his son Gershom to demonstrate that he
A. was an Egyptian Prince.
B. came to Midian for pastures.
C. was a stranger in Midian.
D. loved Jethro and Zipporah.
14. According to Samuel the prophet, rebellion is as sinful as
48. According to Peter, Christians have become a chosen race so that they must
A. Behave better than the Jews
B. Not be like the gentiles
C. Declare the good works of God
D. Not remain in sin forever
9. Joshua’s daily meditation on the book of the law enabled him to
A. win Israelites’ confidence
B. lead his people
C. overcome the devil
D. succeed and proper
40. According to Matthew, the first to see Jesus after His resurrection were the
A. angels that guarded the tomb
B. women who went to the tomb
C. disciples who were praying
D. men travelling to Emmaus
27. What did the returned Jews give as a sin offering during the dedication of the temple?
A. A he-goat for each of the twelve tribes
B. Two lambs for each of the twelve tribes
C. Many animals including rams and camels
D. Animals like ram and food crops
3. the river that flowed out of Eden divided into
12. Which of these behaviours was not exhibited by the sons of Eli?
A. Treating the offering of God with contempt
B. Taking raw meat from the offering
C. Taking bribes and preventing justice
D. Forcefully taking meat offered to God
36. "The one I shall kiss is the man; seize him." The kiss was significant for
A. honouring Jesus
B. protecting Jesus
C. confronting Jesus
D. identifying Jesus
10. Jabin the King of Canaan oppressed the Israelites for
A. 10 years
B. 15 years
C. 20 years
D. 25 years
11. The recognition of Deborah as an outstanding leader in Israel signifies that
A. God can choose women as leaders.
B. only women can be good leaders.
C. she was good as a judge.
D. she was the only good leader in Israel.
33. Who among these was a brother to Peter?
24. "And when the king heard the words of the book of the law, he rent his clothes." Renting of clothes in Israel was an expression of
A. joy and happiness
B. disappointment and grief
C. weakness and dependency
D. pity and failure
41. The election of Matthias to replace Judas was
A. a command from Peter
B. the fulfillment of the scripture
C. an instruction given by Jesus
D. a way of getting more disciples
7. "Take this child away, and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages." The addressee was
A. the child’s sister
B. a professional baby sitter
C. the child’s biological mother
D. Pharaoh’s daughter
46. Pure and undefiled religion, according to James, involved all these practices except
A. visiting orphans in their suffering
B. going to church daily
C. visiting widows in their affliction
D. being unstained from the world
4. Joseph's brothers pastured their father’s flock near
23. Due to Ahab's greed, Elijah made him aware that his house would be destroyed like that of
A. Baasha the son of Ahijah
B. Joash the son of Jeroboam.
C. Jerubbaal the son of Jeroboam.
D. Boash the son of Nebat.
44. Saul's conversion on the road to Damascus resulted in the
A. fleeing of the brethren
B. Churches' poor performance
C. outpouring of the spirit
D. churches' peaceful growth
45. Which of these statements was not made by Peter during the second trial of the apostles by the High Priest?
A. We must always obey God rather than man
B. God raised Jesus whom you killed by hanging on a tree
C. God exalted Jesus as a leader and Saviour
D. We cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard
28. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were punished because they
A. committed murder in the society.
B. regularly worshipped their own God.
C. refused to bow to the golden image.
D. failed to honour the king
26. What was the sin of Manasseh for which The Lord punished Judah under king Jehoiakim?
32. According to Luke, the third temptation of Jesus was that Jesus should
A. jump down from a high mountain.
B. Jump down from the pinnacle of the temple
C. command the angels to lift him up.
D. bow down and worship Satan.
47. James advised that Christians should sing praises when they are
1. The land, the sea and vegetation were created on the
A. First day
B. Fourth day
C. Second day
D. Third day
17. The content of the Ark of the covenant was the
A. books of the prophets
B. two tables of stone
C. book of the law
D. bread offered to the Lord
31. The Sonship of Jesus was declared during His
20. How did Obadiah demonstrate his loyalty to God during the hostile period of his time? He
A. refused to serve the king's idols.
B. sent his idolatrous wife away
C. hid the prophets in caves.
D. pulled down the altars of Baal.
43. The authorities Peter quoted as being fulfilled on the day of Pentecost were
A. Isaiah and Jeremiah
B. Ezekiel and Amos
C. Joel and David
D. Hosea and John
2. Man became a living being when God
A. Formed him from dust
B. gave him breath
C. spoke to him
D. gave him a helpmate
30. Amaziah advised Amos to go and prophesy in Judah instead of Bethel because
A. the king's sanctuary was in Bethel.
B. Amos was a dresser of sycamore tree.
C. Jeroboam, Bethel's king was after Amos's life.
D. the words of Amos intimidated Judah.
6. In his attempt to control the growing population of the Israelites in Egypt, pharaoh ordered the
A. Hebrew midwives to kill every Israelite baby boy at birth.
B. Egyptian soldiers to bring every Israelite baby boy to the palace.
C. second in-command to ensure a total destruction of the Hebrews.
D. Egyptian midwives to kill every Israelite child.
13. The linen ephod worn by Samuel portrayed him as a
50. According to Peter, the Church elders would receive their rewards
A. At their death
B. During their life's time
C. Each time they resisted satan
D. At Jesus' second coming
22. Ahab was attracted to Naboth's vineyard because the vineyard was
A. By the river bank
B. Near the king's palace
C. Beautiful and well kept
D. On a fertile soil
34. Which of the following disciples was called from the tax office by Jesus?
38. The High Priest tore his robes during the trial of Jesus because he said Jesus
A. refused to answer questions
B. uttered blasphemous words
C. spoke against the temple
D. broke their tradition
37. The prophecy concerning the denial of Jesus by Peter was fulfilled during the
A. arrest of Jesus
B. agony at Gethsemane
C. transfiguration of Jesus
D. trial of Jesus
29. Amos observed that the Israelites profaned God's name when they
A. committed idolatry
B. committed incest
C. refused to offer sacrifice
D. discriminate against women
49. For Peter, Christian liberty should not be used as a
A. Cover-up for sin
B. Pretext for love
C. Way of disrespect
D. Way of rejecting duties
39. Simon of Cyrene, who was compelled to carry Jesus' cross, was the father of
A. Barnabas and Gamaliel
B. Alexander and Rufus
C. Barnabas and Rufus
D. Alexander and Barnabas
42. The challenges of discrimination and favouritism in the early church were resolved by
A. praying for God's intervention
B. the study of the scriptures and counselling
C. the selection of seven men to serve
D. appointing elders to the council of Jerusalem
5. Joseph’s intelligence was revealed when he
A. forgave his brothers
B. had a prophetic dream
C. interpreted Pharaoh’s dreams
D. married an Egyptian woman
16. David’s servants could not report the death of Bathsheba’s child to him because they
A. believed God would revive the child
B. feared that David could harm himself.
C. saw it as God’s punishment to David.
D. feared being killed for negligence.
21. "Is it you troubler of Israel?" These were the words said by king
A. Saul to Samuel
B. Ahab to Elijah
C. Ahab to Elisha
D. David to Nathan
35. The unmerciful servant was punished because he
A. failed to settle his debt
B. disobeyed the king
C. embezzled the king'S money
D. cast his debtor into jail
18. "My father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions." This means, the speaker would
A. torment the people with scorpions.
B. sell them into slavery.
C. punish the people severely.
D. add to the people’s burden.
15. David rebuked Abner at Ziph because Abner
A. ignored the Ziphites complaint.
B. sought to kill David.
C. failed to protect his master.
D. was not a seasoned soldier.
25. During king Josiah's religious reforms, his first attack was on the
A. prostitutes that came around the temple at night.
B. priest that offered burnt offerings in the temple.
C. Canaanite divinities- Baal and Asherah.
D. Sacrifice of children to Molech.
Page 1 of 1
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service