Open call for HerMainY Core Team Member
Hermainy Project Core Team is looking for a new team member to coordinate the creation of its Gender Mainstreaming Best Practices Seminar!
----- [description of the HerMainY project]
The HerMainY project focuses on Gender Mainstreaming in the field of Communication and is funded by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe: it addresses youth organisations on the topic of gender mainstreaming and aims to disseminate knowledge on gender mainstreaming and sharing best practices.
The final output of this annual work plan is a handbook of quality and easy-to-use resources on how to implement gender mainstreaming in youth activities. HerMainY aims at providing youth organisations with this handbook and supporting them in the adoption of these practices, with the aim of contributing to the mainstreaming of gender sensitivity in the youth sector.
HerMainY consists of 5 phases:
– A Training for Trainers that took place 2nd-9th March 2020 in Moscow, Russia, that had the aim of equipping trainers with competences, knowledge and skills necessary to implement gender mainstreaming measures in communication at all levels in local organisations.
– An Action Tour, in collaboration with the Europe on Track project. 6 ambassadors (trained in Moscow) delivered online workshops for many AEGEE locals around Europe, in order to raise awareness and gather the opinions of young people, on sexual orientation and gender identity.
– A Dissemination phase, taking place during the Spring and Summer period, where the trainers deliver trainings on gender mainstreaming to at least 9 different youth organisations (AEGEE locals). There they will train young people on the competences necessary to implement gender mainstreaming measures in communication in local organisations, and support them in the implementation thereof.
– The Evaluation phase, in which the project team together with trainers will monitor, evaluate and collect good practices in gender mainstreaming in communication, taking into consideration the results of the first three phases, as well as the collection of best practices of youth organisations operating in Europe.
– The Creation and Dissemination of a Handbook. After the evaluation phase, all the people involved in the project will work on the collection of materials and resources, in order to create a handbook of best practices and tools to implement gender mainstreaming in youth organisations. This phase includes online and offline dissemination, and the support on the implementation of these practices for youth workers and their organisations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about gender-related issues, has some basic knowledge of gender mainstreaming practices and in organising training events.
The ideal candidate can easily work online, is able to work in a team and respect deadlines, as well as being proactive and creative in finding solutions.
The following are the tasks required:
1. Open call and selection of the participants (July 2020).
2. Open call and selection of Trainer(s) for the event (July 2020)
3. Collection of the results of the implementation phase and other materials (questionnaires, reports, survey, evaluation skype calls) (August 2020)
4. Systematisation of the results collected and sharing them with the participants of the Best Practices seminar in advance (August 2020)
5. Participation in the Best Practices seminar (September 2020) online
6. Follow-up: finalisation of the collection of good practices and creation of a handbook. (October 2020)
The candidate will work on the event along with the project manager Eleonora Ceschin and CD responsible of the project (currently Hanna Alajõe, Projects Director), and with the trainer(s) selected for the seminar.
Name and surname
Email (or other contact)
Motivation to be the organiser of the Seminar
Your experience in organising (online) training events and on gender mainstreaming
I hereby give my consent to AEGEE-Europe to collect the data I wrote above for a period of 6 months for the sole purpose of selecting the team member. The data won't be shared with any organisation outside AEGEE-Europe.
Thanks for your application!
For any further question please contact:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of AEGEE-Europe.