GSET 2002 Paper- 2
This question paper with key is prepared by Poojaba Jadeja
1. 'Troilus and Criseyde' is a mediaval poem by:
Richard Rolle of Hampole
2. Everyman is the name of :
a morality play
a miracle play
3. The Shakespearean or English sonnet was introduced by:
4. 'Her voice was ever low and gentle, an excellent thing in woman' are words spoken of:
5. Of the following plays by Shakespeare the latest in date is:
Measure for measure
Troilus and cressida
6. 'Areopagitica', a prose work by Milton, is a passionate plea against:
Censorship of books
Abolition of the monarchy
Retention of the monarchy
7. When were the theaters closed down in England?
8. Dryden's 'Absalom and Achitophel' is based on a story from:
The old Testament in the Bible
Chaucer's Canterbury Tales
9. Which of the following is not a Metaphysical poet?
10. 'The Flea' is a poem by :
11. Belinda appears in :
The rape of the lock
The rape of Lucrece
Hero and leander
12. Sophia Western is a character from:
13. Of which 18th century writer did Dr. Samuel Johnson says, "He wrote like an angel but talked like a poor poll" ?
14. Thomas Hardy borrowed the title of his novel 'Far from the medding crowd' from:
Elegy written in a country charchyard
Ode to evening
The progress of poesie
15. Of the following who can be described as man of sentiment?
Sir peter Teazle
16. Who followed Wordsworth as the poet laureate ?
W. H. Auden
17. Jane Austen's novels were written during the :
Anglo-Dutch naval encounters
Hundred years war
Wars of the Roses
18. With whom is the phrase 'Negative Capability' associated?
19. Which of the following is not written by Charles Lamb?
Old and new school masters
20. The poem by Keats in which an allusion to Ruth occurs is:
Ode to autumn
Ode to a Nightingale
Ode to psyche
Ode on a Grecian Urn
21. The major trait of Arnold's temperament as evident in his poetry is:
22. Who wrote the 'Picture of Dorian Gray'?
23. Who wrote 'Jane Eyre'?
24. What is the fictional name of Mary Anne Evans?
25. To which literary school did William Morris belong?
26. A work by an English writer articulating feminist concerns in the twentieth century is:
A room with a view
A view from the bridge
A room of one's own
27. Adela Quested is a character in a novel by :
E. M. Forster
28. The French symbolist poet who exercised the greatest influence on T. S. Eliot was:
29. Which of the following is not written by D. H. Lawrence?
Sons and Lovers
Women in love
Fathers and Sons
30. "Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song" is line from Spenser used by modern writer:
T. S. Eliot
31. 'Seven steps in the Sky is the translation of a feminist novel in Gujarati by:
32. The 'Chutneyfication' of the English language is attributed to :
33. 'The Golden Gate' is a novel in verse by:
34. The present poet laureate of England is :
Carol Ann Duffy
35. Which of the following contemporary novelists has also written philosophical works?
'36. Ayemenem' is the name of a place in:
The God of the small things
Storm in Chandigarh
Fire on the Mountain
37. The statement "All modern American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called Huckleberry Finn' is made by:
38. Of the following the novel written by Margaret Atwood is:
Riich like us
The Bluest Eye
39. The novel 'Things Fall Apart' is written by :
Ngugi Wa Thiong'o
40. 'Silence! The court is in Session' is a play written by :
41. Longinus's 'Treatise on the Sublime' is a rejoinder to:
42. In 'An Essay of Dramatic poesy' Neander stands for :
Sir Charles Sadley
Sir Robert Howard
The Earl of Shaftesbury
43. 'Tension' is simultaneous co-existence of :
Denovative and literal meanings
Connotative and metaphorical meanings
Literal and abstract meanings
Denotative and connotative meanings
44. Eliot's remarks on the 'Pastness of the past and its presence' are associated with:
45. The terms 'Textuality of History' and 'Historicity of text' are associated with:
The Textual approach
46. "His honour rooted in dishonour stood, And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true" is example of :
47. The figure of speech in which the sound echoes the scene is :
48. The ballad stanza has :
49. "The Assyrian came down like a wolf on the fold." is a line written in :
50. In English prosody a foot consisting of a stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables is called:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Please complete the captcha before submitting the form.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service