The potential beneficiary (rider) must be:
• At least 6 years old or older (at point of registration).
• Weight must is BELOW 60 kg
• Must have a physical, intellectual and/or learning disability.
• Cannot be a riding student from other riding schools such as Bukit Timah Saddle Club, Turf Club Riding Centre, Singapore Polo Club...etc. If you can afford private riding lesson for your child and if your child is physically able to attend such lesson from riding schools, please DO NOT apply. Annually, we only have therapy slots for up to 350 beneficiaries. We appreciate your understanding to allow those who are less able to afford to participate in RDA's programme.
INFORMATION ON HORSE-RIDING THERAPY PROGRAMME
• Our individual rider programme takes place during the weekday afternoons, evening (Thursday evening) and on Saturdays.
• Each therapy session is 45 minutes long.
• Each term lasts for 10 consecutive weeks.
• Monday Afternoon 4pm
• Tuesday Afternoon 4pm or 4.45pm
• Wednesday Afternoon 4pm or 4.45 pm
• Thursday Afternoon 4.30pm, 7.45pm
• Friday Afternoon 4pm
• Saturday 9.30am, 10.15am, 2.30pm & 3.30pm
FURTHER INFORMATION AND PROCESS
• If you or your child met our criteria, we will forward a request to you for more information (e.g. medical report).
• There will be a series of forms that will need to be completed with the originals hand-delivered to RDA S'pore.
• After the receipt of the completed forms and reports, you or your child will be placed on the wait-list.
• Once a slot becomes available, you or your child might be invited for an assessment ride.
• Upon completion of a successful assessment, you or your child will be invited to ride with us for one term (10 weeks).
• At the end of the term, we will decide either invite you or your child back for another term or to take a break.
• As stated above, we only have slots for up to 350 beneficiaries so it will not be possible for us to keep providing the horse-riding therapy for you or your child. We will need to ask you or your child to take a break at some point.
ONLINE FORM INSTRUCTIONS
• It will take about 10- 15 mins to complete this form.
• There is no option to save this form. So you need to complete it in one session.
• If you have any difficulties, please contact RDA at 6250 0176 or email@example.com
• After you have clicked "Submit", you will see a message telling you that "Your response has been recorded". Once you see the message, rest assure that your application is received.
• We will respond to you within 10 working days (excluding weekends and public holidays).