Congress 2021 - Chair Application Form
The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter is on the search for a dedicated volunteer to lead a Chair position for Congress 2021. This position will begin working within the 2020 year, serving on the 2020 committee as Vice-Chair and working closely with the current 2020 Congress Chair, Laura Champion.
AFP is committed to recruiting a broad range of established fundraising professionals that represent the diversity of our sector. This will include individuals with previous experience in senior volunteer roles in the Chapter, and those for whom this may be a first time.
All applications will be reviewed by Michelle Vinokurov (VP, Professional Development), Laura Champion (2020 Congress Chair) as well as AFP staff.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2019 at 5PM EST.
Responsibility of Event Chair
- Serve as part of the 2020 Congress management committee as Vice-Chair, working closely with the 2020 Congress Chair to understand the scope of the event and what's needed for the 2021 planning process
- Time commitment includes approx. 1 in-person meeting per month with the option to join by phone / tele-conference beginning November 2019 - November 2020 (serving as Vice Chair on the Congress 2020 management committee)
- Time commitment includes approx. 1 in-person meeting per month with the option to join by phone / tele-conference beginning November 2020 - November 2021 (serving as 2021 Congress Chair)
- Set the vision for the event
- Recruit committee volunteers, including the sub-chairs (education, marketing and communication, sponsorship)
- Manage the executive committee taking the lead on plenary speakers, and support the speaker selection and curation process, ensuring speaker alignment with AFP conference goals and guidelines including marketing and sponsorship
- Ensure all work-related projects are completed
- Work closely and lead respectfully with the committee and AFP staff for all event execution
- Work closely with the AFP staff on all issues, situations, budgets, etc. that must be addressed immediately and work with them to determine action plans and next steps
- Supported by the VP, Professional Development as needed
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service