The Learning and Talent Development Committee will be launching the 2nd annual Professional Development Week from October 17-21, 2022.
We invite you to submit workshop proposals for the week-long conference which will run at various times through out the week. Workshop proposals are due July 29, 2022. If you have multiple presentation ideas, please submit a NEW proposal form for each new idea.
Highlights & Benefits
• Conference kick-off: Keynote will include a panel of leaders from across the USM
• Employees from all USM institutions will be invited to attend the week long conference
• Workshops will be recorded and hosted on the USM Training webpage, accessible only by USM employees: https://www.usmd.edu/training-and-development/
• Presenters will have the opportunity to work closely with the Committee to develop their workshop, as well as their plans for audience engagement
• Presenters will have access to their presentation recording to add to their work portfolio
• Daily networking opportunities during the conference
** IMPORTANT FORMAT NOTES & LOGISTIC REQUIREMENTS **
• Workshop sessions are 60 minutes – Recommended: 50-min presentation, 10-min Q&A
• Strong preference will be given to workshop proposals with interactive elements
compatible with the Hopin conference platform.
- Presenters CAN share their screens similar to Zoom or WebEx (no annotation)
- Presenters CAN engage with participants using chat/asking for responses via
chat, polling, and Poll Everywhere
- Presenters WILL NOT be able to see workshop participants or utilize breakout
• Presenters WILL have moderators to assist with monitoring chat and assisting with in-session tech
• Presenters MUST BE AFFILIATED with a USM institution
• Presenters MUST REGISTER for the conference
• Presenters MUST USE their computers and content when presenting on the digital Hopin platform