Georgia Shift Event Planning Internship
Georgia Shift gives young people a seat at the table of democracy. We believe social change only comes by constantly providing hands-on education and direct action opportunities, keeping young people engaged to train those who come after them.
The Event Planning Internship is a three month, hands-on opportunity to assist in the planning, organizing and implementation of monthly events, special events, and database administration.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and implement monthly and special events for the organization
- Ongoing maintenance of data entry and database for integrity
- Follow-up correspondence to facilitators, vendors, and guests
- Secure food sponsors for monthly and special events
- Collaborate with creative team on materials for events
- Assist in seating, venue booking, and check-in procedures
- Provide photos for press opportunities
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, motivated, outgoing, and professional. Learning our processes is vital to this role while contributing your own ideas and experiences.
- Must live in Richmond County, Columbia County, Burke County, or North Augusta
- Detailed oriented communication and written skills are essential
- Proficient with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.).
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design is a plus.
The internship is unpaid, but we can work with your college to get credit if applicable.
If you want to intern at another time, we are open to other semesters as well.
What city do you live in?
Semester you want to intern:
How did you hear about the internship?
Who is the one social or political leader of today you would like to meet?
Describe what your ultimate community looks like in 2020?
Link To Portfolio (if applicable)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Georgia Shift.