PAVE Parent Leaders in Education Board Application
Apply Now to Join a PAVE Parent Leader in Education (PLE) Board in Your Ward!
Founded in April 2016 with an all-parent governing board, PAVE is dedicated to creating an environment where the vision for education in DC is created with children and families, not for them. We aim to shift the dynamic so that communities and parents are partners in creating great schools.
PAVE PLE Boards bring together parent leaders monthly in their Ward (1, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8) to get the information you need to understand education policies, share your voice with the people who make decisions about our schools, and identify ways that you and other parents can lift your voices and advocate on behalf of all children in the District.
PAVE will announce the selected PAVE PLE Board members by Ward in a press release in mid-August. PAVE PLE Board members will serve as leaders for our organization's programs and commit to meeting monthly and taking action on PAVE's parent-driven campaigns. Specifically, PAVE PLE Boards will:
• Receive special trainings on the DC public education system and issues
• Work together with other parents on the issues that are important to you and that you identify
• Learn how to organize other parents and your communities
• Make change around the education issues that affect all DC parents
• Lead meetings and build relationships with elected officials to understand how policy is created
• Take back the reins of education so that the system is created by and with parents, rather than just for parents
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Parents Amplifying Voices in Education (PAVE).