By completing this form, you are committing to:
• being matched to a high school class at either your alma mater or a school based on need
• joining a team of 2-4 alumni speakers
• speaking to New York City public school students
Each team of alumni will be joined by a DOE staff member and will receive a basic guide to speaking to students and will be contacted prior to his/her speaking engagement.
As a speaker, consider discussing your experiences involving:
• College (choosing a major or focus, living on your own, etc.)
• Your career (choosing a career path, applying for jobs, etc.)
• How attending public school impacted your life
• Adversity and personal challenges that helped shape your journey
Thank you for your interest in speaking to our students! If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kara Gurl at KGurl@schools.nyc.gov.