WELCOME TO 4 YOUTH BY YOUTH (4YBY) HIV SELF-TESTING CONTEST 2019
Not enough young people are getting tested, and the people who are most in need of testing in our communities may have very limited access to HIV testing services.
(YOU)th can change that!
Did you know that you can now test for HIV by yourself using a HIV self-testing kit?
What is HIV self-testing?
HIV self-testing is the type of HIV testing you can do by yourself. It allows you to collect your own test specimen such as saliva or blood, perform the test, and interpret the results in private, either alone or with guidance from someone you trust.
To learn more about HIV self-testing check out this video:
Why does this matter?
For far too long, Nigerian Youth have been left behind on decision processes or actions that impact their lives. Given the status of the environment, society and economy today, we need new ideas and actions to show how a new world is possible. We believe that Nigerian youth can bring a new level of thinking to the most challenging problems in our society!
How can you participate?
We need your help to promote HIV self-testing among young people in Nigeria!!!
Simply ENTER the #HIVSelfTestingContest by:
1) Using this form, please submit your idea that you would like to be considered for inclusion in the 4YBY HIV Self-testing contest 2019!
2) Follow us on Instagram @4youthbyyouth or Facebook- 4 Youth by Youth or Twitter @4YouthbYouth
3) Optional - You can also post a selfie with your idea or a brief video of your idea on "Instagram or Facebook" and tag @4youthbyyouth and use #HIVSelfTestingContest
4) Deadline for submission is November 22 2019, 11:59pm WAT
Your ideas will be judged based on:
a) How well you describe your idea and how it addresses the problem of HIV testing in Nigeria;
b) How realistic your idea is;
c) How appealing your idea is to other young people; and
d) How creative and original your idea is.
To be eligible, you must be between "14 and 24 years" and currently residing in Nigeria.
Participation in the event will involve showcasing your idea on World AIDS Day, with possible participation in pitch sessions.
Top ideas will win cash prizes up to ₦250,000 and will have the opportunity to participate in Round 2 of the contest in February - March 2020.
Participation in the event will give young people access to a variety of global health leaders, decision makers and innovators.
APPLICATION IS FREE!
Please feel free to contact us at
if you have any questions or concerns.
Main Contact Information
1. First Name
2. Last Name
4. Phone number
5. Where do you live (Local Government Area and State)
6. Your age
7. Your Gender
Prefer not to say
10. The highest level of education you have completed?
Junior secondary school
Senior secondary school
Some tertiary education
8. Your occupation
9. Your relationship status
Engaged or married
Separated or divorced
11. If you are a team, please enter your team members names and contact information below (email and phone number)
12. The title of your Idea
13. Include a slogan or tag line for your idea!
A slogan or tag line is the “catch phrase or group of words" that are put together to identify a product or company brand. We suggest 2 to 7 words!
14. How will YOU promote HIV self-testing among young people in your communities?
Your submission could be written descriptions , images, drawings, posters or videos explaining your ideas on how you will promote HIV self-testing among young people in your community. All entries must be written in English.
15. Submit your image or video (other digital entries) to
I do not have any digital submission
I have emailed my digital submission to
. The submission is titled with my first and last name (example: Uche_Nigeria)
16. How did you hear about the contest
Friend or colleague
4YBY Youth Ambassador
17. Have you participated in any 4 Youth By Youth (4YBY) event
18. I affirm that this entry is my own (or my team’s) original work and grant the sponsors permission to use my/our work in ways they deem appropriate (i.e. recognition, publications, promotions and websites).
19. If my entry is selected, I understand that I will be invited to give a 3-minute oral presentation of my idea on World AIDS Day, Sunday December 1 2019.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service