Are you interested in being an EMT and joining our service? We offer free EMT-B Certification every semester. The application to join our class was already due, but our extenuating circumstances deadline for applications is 10/27.
We reserve the right to decide what circumstances may or may not qualify as extenuating, but if you are unsure you can either email us at email@example.com or just fill out the appliation anyways. Decisions will be released by November 17th. This semester, the class will be around 11 people.
In order to be eligible for the class, you must:
1) be an MIT affiliate (student, staff, cross registered, or otherwise affiliated)
2) be at least 18 years of age by 01/23/2024, and
3) obtained a US driver's license on 01/23/2023 or earlier.
Please note that all three items are required for eligibility. Because our class size is so limited, priority will be given to applicants who are in the Boston area for at least one year following completion of the class. However, we encourage everyone to apply!
After your application is completed, we may reach out to schedule an interview. We will not interview applicants who do not fulfill the requirements in the previous paragraph. An interview does not guarantee you a spot in the class. If we contact you with an interview offer, you will have a limited period of time to schedule one. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis from October 6th to November 10th. After careful review of both the application and interview, conditional class offers will be extended by November 17th on a non-rolling basis. Offers are contingent upon successful completion of a driving background check in compliance with the MIT Vehicle Use Policy. Accepted applicants will be onboarded by the class officers and executive board. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have a certification, please email email@example.com and do not fill out this application.
Quick info about the class:
Note: If you have any individual or other questions please reach out to us. We understand that not everybody was able to come to an information session or otherwise learn about the class, and what is listed here is just the logistics.
- It starts 01/23/2024, which is a week or two before spring semester starts.
- The class normally runs on Tuesday nights and Saturday during the day. It also includes the occasional Thursday night. If you are regularly not free at one of these times, we may not be able to accommodate you. There is a state minimum requirement of hours in order to obtain an EMT license, and 100% attendance to the class is therefore necessary.